Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 450r. Factory everything except for slip on pipe. Quad ran perfect except for gas running out the overflow nonstop. Had carb rebuilt by a shop. They gave me balls out racing rebuild kit. I installed the carb back on the quad. It fires up easy revs up quick an easy. When I go down the road from gears 3-5 it cuts out before I max out almost like I'm hitting a rev limiter. 5th gear will only go half throttle before it cuts out. My mechanic said adjust the needle. I have an it made minimal changes. I have fuel mixture screw at about 2 1/2 turns out. Still does it. I'm lost can anyone guide me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
Truck Yea
5,464 Posts
what size jet is in the carb?

·
Truck Yea
5,464 Posts
Well its likely the quad is running to rich, that kit could have come with anything in it they used. you need to open itup and see if it has a keihin hex style jet in there. Remove your airbox lid and see if it helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its likely the quad is running to rich, that kit could have come with anything in it they used. you need to open itup and see if it has a keihin hex style jet in there. Remove your airbox lid and see if it helps.
I took jets out they were. Same as stock jets. Main was 118. But they were noticable different hole wise. I put both of old jets back in Main an secondary. Still having same problem.. starting changing needle position now. Any other suggestions?

·
Truck Yea
5,464 Posts
Possible. Need should be on the 3rd bitch from the flat end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Possible. Need should be on the 3rd bitch from the flat end.
I tried needle in all position. Still wont go wide open. Putting factory jets back in seemed to help a little . But still only half throttle in 5th gear. Seems like it's not getting enough fuel fast enough .is it possible new float could be bigger an restricting fuel?

·
Truck Yea
5,464 Posts
I tried needle in all position. Still wont go wide open. Putting factory jets back in seemed to help a little . But still only half throttle in 5th gear. Seems like it's not getting enough fuel fast enough .is it possible new float could be bigger an restricting fuel?
Doubtful. Sounds to me like you have a restriction somewhere or the stator is toast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doubtful. Sounds to me like you have a restriction somewhere or the stator is toast.
Can you tell me how to exactly test at stator. I know I'll need a meter but what areas an how much idle

·
Truck Yea
5,464 Posts
i wish i knew better. im not that good with electronics.

There was a user awhile back called gbozeio I recall who had a lengthy write up he posted on testing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wish i knew better. im not that good with electronics.

There was a user awhile back called gbozeio I recall who had a lengthy write up he posted on testing it.
The quad does start up very easy an idle fine. Run fine an has good response till you top out in higher gears an 5th will only go half throttle till it cuts out. If you lift on throttle itll come right back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts