Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you know, this is the second crank to go within the last month and a half. My last crank had the lower rod bearing explode, locked up the motor, and it cracked both cases so i bought a used motor since it was cheaper then buying all new parts. Well i got 1 weekend of riding out of the motor and i changed the oil and found shavings everywhere. I contacted the person i bought the motor from off ebay and he was decent enough to give me 250 bucks back even though it was sold as is. So i began my tear down today, this one also looks like the lower rod bearing was going but it was caught in time. Below are some pictures of the rebuild, sorry about the quality, i cant find my digital camera so i used my cell phone.

Here is my quad before i started.

Plastics and tank removed.

Engine before anything is removed from it.

Subframe and airbox removed.

Pill of parts building.

Exhaust, carb and hoses removed from Engine.

Swingarm removed.

Engine ready to come out.

Plastics and tank removed.

Engine before anything is removed from it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Subframe and airbox removed.

Pill of parts building.

Exhaust, carb and hoses removed from Engine.

Swingarm removed.

Engine ready to come out.

My quad looking naked.

My quad ready to roll down to the bottom garage.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine on the bench.

Top end and side cover removed.

Stator cover removed.

Little surprise in this motor, Hinson Billet Clutch Basket.

OOOOOH, Billet Clutch Cover

And finally a picture of my Garage

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that really sucks! only one week later.....[/b]
yeah it really sucks but what can you do.. just throw more money at it and ride it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sometimes I think I need to tear my 05 down and replace the crank before it pukes. At least I wouldn't need to buy a set of cases.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Man that does suck but get her put back in and drive the [email protected]@ out of it.....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mannnnnn didn't realize it went out a second time on ya!! We totally need to get together and get out and ride sometime soon. My poor R has been sitting on the trailer waiting for the next race but with all the rain and what not I haven't been able to go race in a few weeks. The 26th is our last race of the season though. So maybe sometime after that we can get together and see who's is faster ;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
dang that sucks. at least you caught it in time!!! is the head ported on the motor you bought? what is the PT on the side of the head about?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dang that sucks. at least you caught it in time!!! is the head ported on the motor you bought? what is the PT on the side of the head about?[/b]
The head was ported by performance tech, but i have never heard of them before. The head needs new valves so i am gonna through my other head on so i can ride it tell winter, then over the winter i am going to pump the compression up and port the head.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Updates, parts made it all here!!! see below pic.

So i finally got the bottom end back together, with all new bearings and the +3 stroker crank. Even though it got delayed since my fuel pump on my truck went out.

And another surprise is I apparently landed on the shifter cause the shaft is bent and wouldn't go back in.

I will have more updates and pictures soon.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whats the status on everything? I heard about the house and what not, so hows everything going?[/b]
They quad is pretty much the same it has been. I have been really busy with work, then went to Las Vegas for CES, then my house burnt and now I am in San Jose for work so I have been doing a whole lot of nothing to my quad. Hopefully I will have some time soon to get this done!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts