Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to bring your stock shocks by rebuilding them up to say... pro level and if so what company is the best. Also what kind of prices am I looking at. I guess for now it will just be the fronts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know that PEP and TCS rebuild stock stuff. Also check out DeRisi Racing.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by sethg@Mar 23 2004, 01:42 PM
Yah, I'm having TCS rebuild my stock shocks to triple rate springs and full race valving.
what does that cost.

·
Registered
173 Posts
He told me $800-$1000 for triple rate, a new head, etc etc, front and back.

I'm revalving right now, will know on saturday if it helps.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by sethg@Mar 25 2004, 09:21 AM
He told me $800-$1000 for triple rate, a new head, etc etc, front and back.

I'm revalving right now, will know on saturday if it helps.
cant you just buy new shocks for that....or does it make them way better then any factory made aftermarket shocks....cause you can almost get the best Elkas for that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the best elkas are way better than any stock shock can be built, just all around better components, and more r+d, plus you can go for the long travels. to me there is no comparison, and maybe a waste of money.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Schmitthead@Mar 25 2004, 06:34 PM
the best elkas are way better than any stock shock can be built, just all around better components, and more r+d, plus you can go for the long travels. to me there is no comparison, and maybe a waste of money.
I think I have to agree with you Smitty.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Mar 26 2004, 10:19 PM
lol are you seriously going to pay $800-$1000 to redo your stock shocks? your on crack dude.
what he said.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Check out www.baldwinmotorsports.com he has some killerdeals on revalving and mark was trained my wayne the owner of PEP. I would recoment PEP ZPS Shocks to everyone racing mx or tt run the limited mass for xc

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ok, first off, Elkas are approx $1900 for all the way around. Second, I heard from TCS that he won't be using a kit for the stock shocks, supposedly it wouldnt work. I was thinking $800 because its like $1000 cheaper than elkas? (the ones I priced anyway).

Ok, onto better stuff. I revalved the shocks at TCS and WOW!!!! The bike feels so much better, instead of feeling twitchy at top speeds and down rough terrain, its smooth and supple. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a different and softer feel, but doesnt want to pay for $2K elkas. The quad is so soft, when you hit the back brake hard, the whole quad aquats down like its supposed to, unlike stock.

Oh and anyone looking for a twist throttle, Motion Pro DOES have them...it took me forever to get them to tell me they had some. Anybody see those sweet IMS number plates for the 450r?

·
Registered
497 Posts
sethg
I was wondering if you revalved your rear shock? If so, did it stop the bucking, when it went over whoops? Currently the only thing i hear helps is the elka rear setup with new linkage. but i'm tight on money and if revalving will help i might just do that.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by joe1l@Apr 20 2004, 10:25 PM
sethg
I was wondering if you revalved your rear shock?  If so, did it stop the bucking, when it went over whoops?  Currently the only thing i hear helps is the elka rear setup with new linkage.  but i'm tight on money and if revalving will help i might just do that.
Joe, from what I understand about the rear shock it is a geometry thing not a shock thing as far as the bucking is concerned. The elka linkage makes the angle of the shock more up and down which will supposedly fix the problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts