Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here ever rebuilt their shocks by themselves I have looked around a bit and It could save me a lot of money just wondering if it a simple process that would be worth my time and saving money. One more thing I forgot to add is it is just my seals that went bad my bearings are still in great operating condition.

·
Truck Yea
5,970 Posts
unless you can charge them with nitrogen not really a diy type of setup. you can easily change the springs, doesnt require much though

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unless you can charge them with nitrogen not really a diy type of setup. you can easily change the springs, doesnt require much though
Ok I will probably have to send them in because the seals on my shocks are blown out so that is reason I was gonna redo them.

·
Truck Yea
5,970 Posts
i sent my stuff to hygear racing in NY state and was super happy like 10 day turn around time. Ive also heard good stuff about derisi racing, rocket ron, monster performance, maul tech and bnr

hygear re did my front elkas and rear stock gt thunder setup and it wasnt to costly. i had them do a complete revalve, respring and rebuild of the front and rebuild the rear. total cost was like 800 but they replaced a nicked rear shaft on the rear which of course added to it.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,882 Posts
Rebuilding them isn’t super hard, it’s the parts, fluid, and as @CJM said, the high pressure nitrogen that you need to charge them with that is difficult. I’ll rebuild my own shocks if it’s just a part replacement and I have a spare part, but if you are going through the process, it’s definitely worth sending them to a shop and having them revalved and sprung for your riding style and weight. It will make a huge difference. Yeah it’s not cheap, but it will be worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts