Honda TRX 450R banner

Rear sprocket hub spacer

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  jeremy.bertrand@sbcglobal 
You have the diameter measurement. Spacer sits flush on flat inner ring on hub. (First pic) So you can go off of that. I would have to take everything off to put a tape on it. But after looking at mine, i can see that its the same diameter as that flat inner ring on hub.
I can measure the width (gap) and i have 3/8”
You should be able to make one. I have no idea where to get one.

It must be part of the carrier like cjm says. At first glance it looks like a spacer. As you can see in pics. Pic is not great sorry, but it's the best angle i could find. But mine looks different than whats on both carriers in other pics. Its skinnier if anyone can see it.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gas Tints and shades

I think mine is a spacer. Its not a stock axle, its an axcalibar. From what i can see its iether a spacer (if so its 3/8” thick by the same diameter as inner flat ring on hub) or its part of the carrier with the optical illusion of a spacer.
Hope this helps too.

I think mine is a spacer. Its not a stock axle, its an axcalibar. From what i can see its iether a spacer (if so its 3/8” thick by the same diameter as inner flat ring on hub) or its part of the carrier with the optical illusion of a spacer.
Hope this helps too.
Damn my ride is dirty!! I need to clean it! But what do you guys think? Does it look like a spacer to you? If so then maybe he needs one too. His hub is definitely rubbing in pic. Like hoser said some aftermarket ones do have them.
Or cjm is correct and he bought the wrong axle if its not stock. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess I should word my response differently, they all have spacers, even OEM since that is where the axle seal rides on, but it is pressed on. Some of the cheap axles the spacer will come loose. And I think with Caltric the collar or spacers is part of the hub since on their axles the hub is steel, not aluminum like OEM. And the good aftermarket axles the collar is pressed on as well. I don't have an OEM axle that's not in a carrier here at the moment, but here is an LSR, you can see the collar and it is steel.

View attachment 153658
Ahhh i see, ok thanks for clarifying that. It makes sense, because i was try to figure out how its fastened to hub or axle, pressed on is the only logical choice.
Thanks hoser you DA man wit DA powerplan🤙

Hopefully milletime11 gives an update. Id like to know what axle he purchased and if it indeed is missing the pressed collar. Damn hoser what do you have a bunch of quality parts like that nice lsr axle on deck? Lol. That one is not cheap.
you wanna sell it cheap tho 😆? Let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.