Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is in the wrong spot but i know more people are in here right now so i need help quick. i have a gtt rear linkage and i can't get the thing installed won't line up? any ideas or experiance trying thanks

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Can you describe how it won't line up? the easy way to replace the linkage is to put the quad on its side, and leave it in neutral. Hopefully this will help.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the bike is on stands because it isn't all the way together. but no matter how i try to line things up the holes are about 1/4 inch off even after i took all the preload off! i've tried this thing three times and no luck. i'm mechaniclly stupid either so i don't know what the heck to do. maybe i got the wrong link or something.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Call Laz in the morning and see what he has to say. Or go to one of the gt thunder linkage threads and see how all has them and PM them on how they did it. Once you find out post it here.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should the bottom of my shock (the rebound adjustment area/mounting hole) be able to turn in circles like i was screwing it in or out? :(

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by DN1911@Sep 2 2004, 10:45 PM
should the bottom of my shock (the rebound adjustment area/mounting hole) be able to turn in circles like i was screwing it in or out?  :(
yes, but it will eventually stop turning in both directions. I thought it would be the click type but I guess not.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Try holding the bike up with something by the bumper so the rear end is way up in the air. Then put a jack under the swingarm so you have control of the position of the linkage and then try putting it on. If it still don't work, then call the company up and ask them!!!! Maybe it's the wrong one or they had a bad casting or something. :)

Oh yeah, have the top bolt in on the shock of the frame, but don't put the lower bolt on that connects to the linkage until you have all the other bolts in the linkage. Then use your jack to position the holes so you can put the bottom bolt on for the shock to your linkage. :)

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Give me a call i will come help ya..... :D

You still got my Number right..... :huh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts