Honda TRX 450R banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
it's bad enough when one tree steps out in front, but when they actually get together and plan an attack... :ph34r: :lol:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Jul 16 2004, 03:08 PM
That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot. I know the burden of pressing shift to capitalize is a great one, but c'mon Wayne, you can do better than that. I used to type posts in caps like yours, but then I decided that I didn't want a job mixing concrete.
ROTFL

About the grabbar, ive been lucky. I came back twice (not hard), but the aluminum just scrapes off so easy. Id go with steel if anything, or you can do like i did on my 300ex, weld a 1/4 inch thick steel plate on the back, it works great and has barely any wear, if your a wheelie maniac (like myself) then its a must.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Personnaly I would rather keep replacing stock grab bars than replacing my subframe! I have seen it plenty of times, you get a beefier grab bar, hit something, it stays striaght, subframe gets bent.
just my 14 cents

schmtty

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Jul 16 2004, 03:08 PM
That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot. I know the burden of pressing shift to capitalize is a great one, but c'mon Wayne, you can do better than that. I used to type posts in caps like yours, but then I decided that I didn't want a job mixing concrete.
thanks *****! :D
the only reason it was in caps is because i was at work and the work computers are always in caps lock because the programs we use dont recognize lower case. LoL taht was the funniest thing i've ever read. job mixing concrete ahahahhahaah *****

------I understand you being upset Wayne64SS, but you CAN NOT use that type of language. Next time (hopefully there won't be a next time) you will be receiving a PM from a mod, or the Admin.------

-Mod Team-

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Fine, I guess I'm cool with that Jumbo

OK, OK, sorry we hijacked your thread. I think that it is a tough decision on this one. Like Tom said, you can buy a stronger grab bar, but its a big risk of bending the sub frame instead (like buying really strong handle bars, good luck on your steering stem!!). But, for those of us with a tail light, it costs a lot to replace, plus I'm nervous to screw up my pipe! If you bend the grab bar even a small amount, you risk crushing your can <_< Tough decision...either way you will have problems and advantages over the guy that chose the other option...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by RedDogg@Jul 18 2004, 12:12 AM
it's bad enough when one tree steps out in front, but when they actually get together and plan an attack... :ph34r:  :lol:
It was something like that. It was a tight fit and when I went sideways it was either fall down a huge hills or try and make it. I made it but slammed both trees and took out both tierods. The steering stem's fine though. The rims are also fine w/no damage but they're T-9 Baja's.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i guess extra tierods are in order. with all the woods riding that i do, maybe i should purchase a couple before they become gold. :huh:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by RedDogg@Jul 20 2004, 03:36 AM
i guess extra tierods are in order. with all the woods riding that i do, maybe i should purchase a couple before they become gold. :huh:
good idea...buy a surplus of them & dip them i nsome chrome & wait for untill servicehonda is backordered & then list a bunch on ebay

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by Jumbo747+Jul 20 2004, 04:39 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RedDogg
@Jul 20 2004, 03:36 AM
good idea...buy a surplus of them & dip them i nsome chrome & wait for untill servicehonda is backordered & then list a bunch on ebay [/b]
Chrome will weaken the metal

Haha, maybe you are on to something, they will have to buy another one from you when they bend the weaker chrome ones

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD+Jul 20 2004, 02:43 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 04:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RedDogg

good idea...buy a surplus of them & dip them i nsome chrome & wait for untill servicehonda is backordered & then list a bunch on ebay

Haha, maybe you are on to something, they will have to buy another one from you when they bend the weaker chrome ones
[/b]
kids always think chrome is cool though...look at how much those stock aarms on ebay are going for that have been "dipped" in some chrome
its ridiculous

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by RedDogg@Jul 20 2004, 04:36 AM
If you buy more tie rods, go ASR. I've ran ASR's on C'Dales for MX and XC for about 2 years and not one has bent even w/some big collisions. Very tough stuff. I ordered a set for the 450 due in on Friday for me. Hopefully I get them or I'm out of racing this Sunday which screws my chances of a series podium.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD+Jul 20 2004, 03:43 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 04:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RedDogg

[/b]
Actually there is a new process out that many chromers are using now that does not weaken the metal. I forget if it is a new way or new chemical but either way it is possible now. I talked to several platers about it a while back when I was building a mustang and needed some stuff chromed.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.