Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the bracket that drops down to fasten the can part of the muffler to the quad and cant seem to find it listed on Honda's parts section. Does anyone have any idea what this part is called or where I should go about getting a new one? Thank you in advance for help!

Attachments

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,225 Posts
What part are you looking for that’s circled in red? Is that your quad in the pic? Do you have a FMF or another brand of aftermarket exhaust? If the piece that you are looking for is the aluminum bracket that bolts to the subframe and then into the top of the muffler then you will not find that piece from Honda. That bracket is part of the aftermarket exhaust system. If that is your bike then you should call FMF and order the bracket from them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What part are you looking for that’s circled in red? Is that your quad in the pic? Do you have a FMF or another brand of aftermarket exhaust? If the piece that you are looking for is the aluminum bracket that bolts to the subframe and then into the top of the muffler then you will not find that piece from Honda. That bracket is part of the aftermarket exhaust system. If that is your bike then you should call FMF and order the bracket from them.
No, that's not my bike in the picture. Mine is missing so I found a picture online. That's my fault, I may not be clear. It is the part you are referring, however, I have a Dasa exhaust. I attached a picture that's more similar to my set up for reference although again, mine is missing so not my bike pictured. It seems like its actually a part of the rear grab bar??

Attachments

·
Truck Yea
5,436 Posts
go to an oem parts site like rocky mountain atv, look at the diagram for the muffler. Are you missing number 14? if you are missing the entire area it mounts to, its part of the grab bar.

If your actually missing the bracket on the exhaust itself you cant get that except with a new muffler.

Attachments

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,225 Posts
So the black tab coming off of the DASA can should be welded to the can. That bracket bolts to either the subframe on an 04/05 machine, or the grab bar on an 06+ machine. There is no separate bracket for it. What year is your machine?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Here is a Picture of mine, it's a 2006 450ER, The Dasa Exhaust Canister does not have a Spacer that goes right there like most other exhausts. Unless you're talking about the Centering Spacer that goes through the middle of the rubber dampener for the canister bolt?

Here is a Picture that if you wanna right click, down load, circle in red and re upload the picture as a reply so we know exactly what you're looking at so we get a better understanding.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Idk why Honda made it to where the silencer on a 06+ Honda TRX450R mounts to the grab bar instead of the subframe like the 04-05 trx450r. I recently bought a curtis sparks race core full exhaust for my 07 er & I end up having to order all new oem nuts & bolts & washers thru motosport so I could mount my exhaust since it didn't come with mounting hardware. Luckily I had the rubber stoppers already mounted because there $10 each. Just had to give my opinion. Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought an alba racing grab bar and it comes with that “exhaust hanger” I don’t know if they sell them by them self or not but at least you have an idea of what your looking at.

Grab bar with hanger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts