Honda TRX 450R banner

Rear bearing carrier

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  hoser 
#1 ·
I need to know what is the best rear bearing carrier for a stock swing arm. I have a nice 2004 duner build. My bearing carrier is shot because it has been missing a bolt so I get some wheel wobble when I ride on the rode. I want something that will give me less rolling resistance but I don’t want to sacrifice longevity of use.

#12 ·
send your carrier to Glann Innovations (look them up on FB) and they rebuild it way better than any stock carrier out there..

#5 ·
ive had the good ones from lonestar and rad and the cheapo ones off ebay. they all lasted about the same. it was cheaper to just buy the ebay one and swap it yearly

#7 ·
If you want less drag, then yes, you will need a different carrier. I suggest tapered bearings. I seem to remember a thread on them and saying that they put down less power, but if they are set up properly and maintained properly they have less drag, at least that has been my experience.

You say you want less drag, you don’t want to sacrifice longevity, and you want it cheap. Sorry it doesn’t work that way. You can pick two.

#9 ·
As Hoser said, you can't have it all. Money seems to be the issue, go with the cheap. They work well and with new bearings your resistance should be minimal. The cheap carriers, I would assume use the China made bearing. A Japanese bearing would be more beneficial. If your just trail riding, the cheaper ones will be fine. If your drag racing, you'll need to spend the monies. 😉

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.