Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the deal...

I will be gettin tires for my 450R. If I have enough cash after buying my R this June or July, they will be comin in the big brown truck we all love mounted on some nice ITP Pro Series Baja Wheels. If I don't have the cash, they will be coming in December for X-mas as like my only present.

How do you like your Razr 2's, or have you ridden a quad with them on it on varied terrain? I heard that they aren't good in muddy conditions, but they look like they would be great. There are some sand pits in my town, but don't think Glamis, think more like Gravel pits, because it is in a gravel company's property. How will these be for me? I also ride tons of hard-packed trails......

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't have any experience with the razr2s, I have razrs on my quad. I don't need the weight or protection of a 6 ply tire, and they cost almost twice as much. I would look at the kenda klaws, I am thinking about switching to them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've ran the original razrs on my 300 and it seems the only thing gained by going to the 2's is the 6 ply, larger lugs, and added weight. If anything i would look into getting the kenda klaw or knarly. The knarly is the best tire that i have ever ran.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I figured I would just get some 4ply Klaws. I hear they slide a bit better but they can still hook up. Kory Ellis is pimpin' them and he hooks up pretty good, right?!

·
Registered
263 Posts
i had the 2s' and loved them but my buddy said he likes is claws

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've ran the XC Holeshots,XCR Holeshots, and Razr tires. I think the Razr is a little too heavy for XC racing, but I've seen it done (I've done it myself). I'm running the XCRs right now front and back, they aren't as stable running high speed as the razrs, but they are better in the mud. Razrs are more for hardpack straight and speed. Hope that helps, any direct questions let me know.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I have razor 2's on my 400ex and they hook good on the hard pack and do good in the mud. One of the guys I talked to at haspin acres races gncc and he said he runs them in muddy conditions. They are expensive though I think you'd be just as happy with the knarleys and still save money.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I run the Razr2s and they hook up when you want thenm to hook up and they spin when you want them to spin........ the weight is not a factor with these big ass motors in these things today..........

It is all personal preference....... i have ran them all and i like th razr2s and i am going to try the iRazrs when they get into production........

·
Registered
311 Posts
Originally posted by Schmitthead@Apr 11 2004, 01:30 PM
When do the Irazrs go into production?
I am wondering the same thing. They look like a beefed up version of the stock 400ex tire to me. I know a couple pros are running them right now. Hopefully they will be out soon. I'll ask Jeff at TQS and see if he knows.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Weight still matters in a 1-1/2 race. I ran Razrs and could tell a total difference in the XCRs. Also if you want a softer ride, but dont mind taking a chance on a flat, the regular 4-ply holeshots (not XC or XCR) make it alot better (especially if your back hurts).

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
The iRazrs should have gone into mainstream production at the begining of the month (so they say)....... :huh:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Check out

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Check out www.atvsource.com the have a full writeup on them. Including price and availability. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I run the razor 2's. I run the GNCC series and I think that they are great. They hook up in any condition, in mud they are the best. I ran them at 9 of the races and only had one flat, they hold up well. And they don't wear out quick like the holeshots do. I will be buying new tires for my 400ex and they will be razor2's.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Thats Cool........

Cant wait for mine.... i just want to try all the tires out there and then pick the one(s) i like best and go from there........... :D

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Ok Dude, I've owned both. Holeshot XCR's and now I have the Maxxis Razor's 2. As far as sliding, there the same! As far as hook-up, there the same. The place where I really notice the difference is in the steering, more stability, more cornering ability. Mud for that matter, the Maxxis Razor 2 are a great tire for all around. I ride mostly in the woods where ever I can go in California and no matter what the terrain is, those Maxxis do a great job. So great, that I will buy them again when these tires wear out. Peace!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts