Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, sometimes when I'm riding (or just idling) my quad will make this weird screeching noise; it gets worse depending on how high up in the rev range. It only lasts a few seconds and then goes away. it doesn't happen in a certain gear or anything, it's just completely random it seems.

I don't think its connected but it did start happening around the same time I started using higher octane gas.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What octane are you using and what mods do you have to the motor.

·
Registered
159 Posts
No mods other than an exhaust that was on before I bought it, and I'm using 89 octane.
I’m not really sure what could be wrong with it, you might get an idea when some of the higher up more knowledgeable people show up.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,882 Posts
Screeching to me sounds like something is rubbing or wearing to cause a noise like that. I would pull the oil filter and see what it looks like, check for glitter. I’d also pull the valve cover, I’ve seen cam gear bolts back out and wear into the valve cover. Hard to say exactly what it is without more info. What year? What mods?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Screeching to me sounds like something is rubbing or wearing to cause a noise like that. I would pull the oil filter and see what it looks like, check for glitter. I’d also pull the valve cover, I’ve seen cam gear bolts back out and wear into the valve cover. Hard to say exactly what it is without more info. What year? What mods?
08 year, and as mentioned before, no mods other than esr exhaust. I should probably mention that its the ER version as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts