Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i ran my two carb vent lines to my airbox. Nothing special, no filters or anything. Just in my air box against faom filter. My overflow runs down to bottom of motor. Ive been reading a few other posts about Atmospheric pressure not good for carb vent lines?? Whatever that means. I assume it means with all the turbulence in the airbox sucking in air during throttle can affect the way carb vents? Anyone hip to this?
I believe when these vent lines run down to bottom of quad, they suck up dust dirt water etc. and is the reason for carb gunk build up. So i ran my hoses to the air box against my faom filter. You guys think it’s worth it. Or will Atmospheric pressure cause problems with carb venting?

· Truck Yea
6,119 Posts
been riding with the same 450 for more than 10 years, aint ever sucked up anything and the lines are vented like stock.

Reactions: Ryan94Wright

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been riding with the same 450 for more than 10 years, aint ever sucked up anything and the lines are vented like stock.
Yes you’re right. Im just trying something different. Have you ever heard anything about running carb vents in airbox before? Good or bad is what im asking? People run the valve cover and or tranny vents with filters or in the airbox.
Why not carb vents too?

· Registered
65 Posts
I would keep them routed downwards. If they fill up with fuel, the bike will bog. Did a lot of research and testing with longer overflow lines on banshees for the wheelie guys. I found that the PWK 28's did not like the side hoses vented to the back of the bike. The stock carbs are fine with all 6 being extended. The smaller lines are more prone to filling with fuel during wheelies and bogging out the bike. But any incline will do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would keep them routed downwards. If they fill up with fuel, the bike will bog. Did a lot of research and testing with longer overflow lines on banshees for the wheelie guys. I found that the PWK 28's did not like the side hoses vented to the back of the bike. The stock carbs are fine with all 6 being extended. The smaller lines are more prone to filling with fuel during wheelies and bogging out the bike. But any incline will do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Didnt think the 2 vent lines could fill up with fuel!
But makes sense if the quad is at an incline, especially at a 12 o’clock wheelie, Good to know. Ill keep them running down to the bottom of motor. Thanks for the heads up.

· Registered
667 Posts
The gunk biuld up your see in the top part of the Carburetor (slide area) is just that little bit of dirt and dust that makes it past the air filter along with some air filter oil. No matter what you do there will always bee some biuld up in there. Just keep the Air Filter clean as much as possible.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The gunk biuld up your see in the top part of the Carburetor (slide area) is just that little bit of dirt and dust that makes it past the air filter along with some air filter oil. No matter what you do there will always bee some biuld up in there. Just keep the Air Filter clean as much as possible.
Of course, i always keep the air filter and box spotless. And now i always drain my carb when it sits. I dont have the luxury of ethanol free gas or of the expensive fuel. So i put in the new stabil 360 and dont let the gas sit for a long time with the 06+. They’re too sensitive as ive learned.
not like the 04/05,s, i use to let the gas sit in those all the time and never had issues.
But i did see a video of a guy putting hus carb vents to the air box.
so I figured I’d ask the question.

Reactions: Ryan94Wright

· Truck Yea
6,119 Posts
Yes you’re right. Im just trying something different. Have you ever heard anything about running carb vents in airbox before? Good or bad is what im asking? People run the valve cover and or tranny vents with filters or in the airbox.
Why not carb vents too?
ive seen people run the two vent lines into the box and put small filters on them. Ive also seen people who drag race and get rid of the box do it.

i still see no reason to bother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts