Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know when the fan for an 05 450r should come on

mine isnt coming on and i cant figure out why

if the bike is beeing ridden it isnt a problemi guess but if it idles for like twominutes it over heats

also i know when you start the bike the red coolant temp light should come on and then turn off again but is not coming on at all

any ideas

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
my red light only comes on w/ign on....not when starting bike...and goes off immediately upon starting...

my fan has NEVER come on...not even at 220*... so not sure WHEN they are suppose to.....but many others will tell you they have never seen their fan come on..... i know mine is working cuzz i have tested it.....but Honda may have set the factory thermal sensor a tad too high...

JMHO....Greg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just go through the service manual, they have tests to see if the sensor is working and if the fan is working. I just had a problem with my fan not coming on and getting hot. Went through did all the tests and narrowed it down to the CDI/ rev box, it went bad. Just got a new one works great now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
does any one know when the fan for an 05 450r should come on

mine isnt coming on and i cant figure out why

if the bike is beeing ridden it isnt a problemi guess but if it idles for like twominutes it over heats

also i know when you start the bike the red coolant temp light should come on and then turn off again but is not coming on at all

any ideas
I have an 05 450ry bike has never turn fan on and I can only ride for about 20min and it's up to 250 radiator gurgling. I replaced fan and senser still no change! I switched to engine ice coolant helped a little so I unhooked the sencer and ground it to the housing of thermastate fan comes on
My question is the red light stay on because the sencer is unpluged and is there anyway i can make it go off

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,641 Posts
I have an 05 450ry bike has never turn fan on and I can only ride for about 20min and it's up to 250 radiator gurgling. I replaced fan and senser still no change! I switched to engine ice coolant helped a little so I unhooked the sencer and ground it to the housing of thermastate fan comes on
My question is the red light stay on because the sencer is unpluged and is there anyway i can make it go off
unplug the light

If your machine is getting that hot you have other issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts