Honda TRX 450R banner

do you do any type of organized racing? (mx,gncc,harescrambles,etc.)

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just trying to get an idea of how many people actually do some sort of organized racing.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I havnt yet raced in any organized races, but in august or september i plan to maybe try a couple

·
Registered
218 Posts
Haven't raced the 450R yet. I told myself I wouldn't race it till it was ready! And it is almost ready. I ordered the shocks from Schmitty last week! I raced my Z400 all last winter. It is a lot of fun!! Just be careful when you are first starting out. Don't try and win your first race, just try and finish and go from there! I race MX by the way!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I dont race but I am hoping that once I turn 16 I can do some harescramblers if I can find any! (Cant race when you are 15 <_< )

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
yeah the whiplash racing thing is desert and since im only 12 my dad has to be at the race with me (and no he doesent have to sit on the quad with me :D )

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Jul 4 2004, 06:29 PM
I dont race but I am hoping that once I turn 16 I can do some harescramblers if I can find any!  (Cant race when you are 15 <_< )
i'd like to get involved in some hare scrambles too, but i also want to finish work on my 450r first. i live in florida and have seen some advertisements for hare scrambles on the Florida Trail Rider's site. does anyone from florida do these or know of any other ways to get involved?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I run district 15 & 17 Hareschrambles and this upcoming weekend i will be at the GNCC in Millfield OH.....

Time to go play with the big boys... i will be following them all the way back to my home in INDIANA and home of the IRONMAN in Crawfordsville IN.....

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I want to, but the times i've thried stuff always came up. I was gonna race the sparta gncc this year but my killswitch hadn't come in at the time, plus it rained really bad and I only had 22inch fronts and 20inch rears.

I was also going to do a mx type race with mattyfz450 but it got rained out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I haven't raced my 450R yet, but I raced my previous KFX400 in 3 CMRC races last year. My first race this year is July 18, I missed all the spring races because of too much work! :(

-RR

·
Registered
587 Posts
I race, i gotta big fat first place trophy too, sorry i brag too much -_-

·
Registered
75 Posts
I race District 17 hare scramble and MX. I raced the Spartan GNCC earlier this year on a Cannondale too. I'm currently making the switch to a set of 450R's through a dealer sponsorship. (Already have one, just got to sell the C'Dale and get another.) I've raced my 450 3 times and have takin 3, 5, 8th. The 8th was b/c I had a pretty gnarly wreck in moto 2 but got 1st in moto 1 so ended up beating more than half anyway. The C'Dale I've had more luck on though until late. (Retiring and selling it.)

I'm currently 3rd in Quad C class for District 17's Illini Super Series in Casey, IL. (Where the nationals were held in June.) In hare scrambles I'm not sure though. Haven't had much luck but haven't tested the R yet. I'll be racing the R in a 12hr enduro on Saturday so lets see it's ability.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Cant race when you are 15[/b]
That's only true for AMA/ATVA races. Look around for non-AMA races and you will likely find some that don't care how old you are --- non AMA race age limits are totally up to the promoter & many don't care, as long as you can handle your machine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by hondaracer305@Jul 7 2004, 01:06 AM
I race, i gotta big fat first place trophy too, sorry i brag too much  -_-
i have one of those also, except it was from many moons ago...when i actually rode good

·
Registered
314 Posts
I dont race or never have raced quads yet but I would like to but am not really sure how. I raced BMX for years and was pretty good though. Im still learning how to jump my quad which is something else I need to get down before attempting MX. I think if I did go after some racing it would be GNCC since Im into trail riding more than messign with woops and table tops.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have just started hitting more and more races this year. Last winter I did some indoor motocross on a 250r. This summer I've been doing Grand Prix and some outdoor motocross on my 450r butnot as much as I had planned. I got a bum wrist 7 weeks ago so it has slowed my racing down, but it's getting better and I have a race scheduled every weekend, but one in august, up until October. Racing is a lot of fun, just stay in the class you belong in until you are ready to progress.

·
Registered
234 Posts
right now i am racing district 37 and best in the desert. next year i might go do some of the worcs races and some other santioning bodies dezert races.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Best in the Desert....Team Guilty,...(Desert Racing)Ill really do better when I heal from my newly found affinity with the ground! Ill be out for a few weeks........ :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts