Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a clean up port on my built trx450r. It’s a duner build. Fully built by sparks. I would have sparks port my head but they are backloaded for months. So I am either gonna choose Racers Edge or OCP. OCP has proven himself the past few years that he is one of the best, and he also has an insanely fast drag bike. While Racers Edge seems to be everyone’s favorite and everyone is saying they are the best. My local dunes are closing in two years and I will make this bike a drag/hill shooter. Should I just go to Racers Edge and get a hill shooter port with bigger valves? Or should I have OCP do his best port. Let me know who makes the quickest bikes. And it’s not all about the dyno numbers. It’s who’s got the quickest bikes!!!

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,555 Posts
Either one is good, but there are plenty of other shops out there as well. Don’t be afraid to look around and try to maybe go with an underdog. You probably know this, but you can find a lot of power in a properly built motor and gain power there instead of just bolting the “best” head on an average motor. I’m not saying you don’t know that or that your motor isn’t amazing, but just make sure to look at the whole package.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ik there are other shops and ik you can’t just put the best head on anything. OCP and RE are just closest to Cali so those are really my options. If both are really gonna have me wait then if I’m going to be waiting I may as well just wait for Curtis sparks. They have fully built my motor and it keeps up with some crazy bikes with just a clean up port. Also OCP is charging a lot more than RE and RE is charging more than sparks would.

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
Both RE and OCP do probably some of the best work out there. Jeff at OCP and Bret at RE are on top of the game and are great dudes that will be more than willing to help you get the most out of your combo for your riding style. IMO, give both a call and talk with them and go with whichever you like more. Can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I personally go with RE since they are Baja proven and they have build my last 3 heads on my quads. OCP is very good shop also so either will work good. You also have @morgan (he posts here) he is also a solid builder and very well known here. Just stay away from MIxxer (if he still post here) .

Other good option is Department of Power, very solid shop in the offroad racing circuits..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts