Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went riding to my favorite pay park in central NJ. My buddy came along with his YFZ450, which is prepped pretty identically to my 450R. We came to this fire road that's like three miles long and the groomer was just smoothing all the washboards down for the week's use, giving us a perfect straight, smooth dragway. Keep in mind we're both pretty even on mods, both piped, jetted, no airbox lid, UNI filters, stock gearing, both running on identical MX tires, etc. Every time I ran him wide open in fifth gear, I'd pull away from him for the duration of the road. We switched bikes and I figured out why. He has more RPMs to rev to than I do, but I guess the gearing is just different enough to give me the WOT advantage in fifth gear, because at WOT in fifth, he was pulling away from me (while he was riding my R)and I was hitting the rev limiter on his bike. Pretty neat. His power hits tremendously different than mine, however. Just something to pass on, don't get much a chance to do this in these parts.

·
Registered
263 Posts
were you at chatsworth?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed we were! The trails were in decent shape, but the tracks were all rutted up. The groomer who was doing the fire road was saying they lost their track and trail groomer and need to hire someone soon.

·
Registered
733 Posts
when i lived up that way, cherry hill, i used to ride at chatsworth all the time. i heard that they have created an atv park there now. do you have to pay to ride? have you ever been to Griffin's? used to buy cam2 there. B) people around here have never heard of cam2 fuel. does it still exist up there? take pictures some time... i would luv to see how much it has changed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's 50.00 a day or 300.00 per year, no brainer there. Never heard of Griffin's, but get Cam 2 at a local Sunoco station in far northern Jersey.

·
Registered
82 Posts
$50.00 a day?
wow. The places in Indiana are $15.00 a day. I guess they are rutty, torn up, and over populated though.

·
Registered
733 Posts
WOW!!! i pay $50 a year for croom... lucky i guess, but have to drive 1hr to get there. no local places to ride here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They can kinda charge whatever they want. They are the only place that's open every day for legal riding in the entire state. But if you think about it, I've gone riding almost 20 times this summer, and I bought a yearly pass the first time, so at this point it's cost me 15.00 per outing.

·
Registered
824 Posts
i live in mays landing and ive been to chats worth before. i think its a joke there, over priced and the area isnt that awesome. i ride at my cousins pit in hammonton alot, we have our track there and its closed to everyone else. i guess thats why were always chaseing people out of there. did u like the yfz's power?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Power was nice, until I hit the rev limiter in 5th, and I saw my Honda disappearing in front of me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
you must have stock gearing, my friend installed the 13 and we were neck and neck top speed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by DieselB59@Sep 12 2004, 06:30 PM
Keep in mind we're both pretty even on mods, both piped, jetted, no airbox lid, UNI filters, stock gearing, both running on identical MX tires, etc.
As I said...

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I think trx450r_racer checked his with a gps and was going 78.5 mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts