Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so far good / bad, i forgot to place a rag under the timing chain and lost the allen key, im going tomoro finding an extra long set of needles to get it out, but other then that i found everthing to be 10 times easier then wat i first thot( the chain tensioner i was told about, but new this also prior to working on cars) How ever i no i will have to mess around with the timing but i might just bring it in wile the tanks off gor timing, no big deal that ways its alll good u no.

But heres the question, im in the procees of puttin in my cam, and well the instrucktions say not to use synthetic oils, only petrolium plend, so im running honda hp 4 right now wich is synthetic, so i wanted to make sure this will be okay, ??? or do they caution u no synthetic in the case that i bike may not be suited for it altho my honda is ?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay i just figured out the answer, and i would delete this post, but i figured the answer would be aprreciated for others, i went to hotcmasinc, and the instrucktions there explained a little further they stated not for break in period, just like at the beginning stage of the bike, u couldnt use synthetic, howerver i was readin my hp 4 container and it said safe for break in period as well, and considering that, i will be safe with hp, however for future notice, if your using a complete synthetic blend this might vary, dont take my work for it tho, it is my first time.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Which Allen Key were you talking about? Did you drop your allen key into the bottom end? is that what you mean?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used assorted screw bits, the allen key one the size of the one on the sprocket, it got caught in the chaine then today it fell into the bottom, i just got it out, and no damage, man is that a relief, now that i have it all apart i know how to do the timing to, the new cam is in, but i will have to get more oil and everythings closed today, but all is well, i just havew timing left basicly and the rest of the assemble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts