Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I FINALLY got my Sparks filter today - but no ring adapter. I ordered it through a dealer not associated with this site. I thought it came with the ring?? On the sparks site they aren't listed seperately. My question is - can I run without it? I put it on and it seemed like it could slip off pretty easily. You don't run the stock metal cage with this filter right? Just the filter with the ring, which I assume supports the inside of the intake tube?? Can't believe after a two week wait I again have to ride with the stock filter tomorrow...

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Originally posted by remlapr@Oct 9 2004, 12:42 AM
Well, I FINALLY got my Sparks filter today - but no ring adapter. I ordered it through a dealer not associated with this site. I thought it came with the ring?? On the sparks site they aren't listed seperately. My question is - can I run without it? I put it on and it seemed like it could slip off pretty easily. You don't run the stock metal cage with this filter right? Just the filter with the ring, which I assume supports the inside of the intake tube?? Can't believe after a two week wait I again have to ride with the stock filter tomorrow...
you must get the ring for it... usually they are sold with the ring for $44.95.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would look into getting a refund, sounds like a shady dealer. I ordered mine from Woodward and got it complete with the ring in 2 days. Sorry about your misfortune and I hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm willing to bet he just got a replacement filter. In which case it wouldn't include the ring. I think sparks told me they run about $25. Is this about what you paid remlapr? If so it could have been just good old fashion miscommunication.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by remlapr@Oct 9 2004, 09:26 PM
Nope, paid $40, looks like I got hosed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sorry... haven't heard the word "hosed" since college. it tickled me. ^_^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts