Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that some AC nurf bars have a dull finish and some have a shiny finish. Can some one clear that up for me I want to order some but I want the shiny ones.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
It seems that all of the AC products are coming polished from the factory. If not you can polish them your self. Mothers is my favorite stuff in the world, and if you have seen any of my pics anything on the bike that has some potential of shinning looks like chrome... :D

Dave

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. I used the Mothers to do my bumper. turned out great. Is there an easier way besides a rag and albow grease? Man it took forever.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You can use a bench grinder with a buffing wheel on it, or even go to the hardware store and buy a buffing wheel that you can put in the end of your drill. I just think about what my final product is going to look like so Im not really to concerned with the time :lol: .

Dave

·
Registered
234 Posts
we run them through a tumbler after they are welded. it depends on how long its been between the time they changed the water as to how shiny they are.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hate to jump in here and say it but if you want a great look at great long lasting finish as well as superior build, go to X-Factor. I have some X-Factors and AC's and after bolting on the X's, I will never buy anything else. Much better quality, they look better, and mount better too. My AC's had the pegs that you hook the frame that the nerfs go on bend several times. (Have purchased 3 sets of them) And I know of atleast 50 people who have had the same problem as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
one thing i noticed about AC racings stuff (even though I like every product ive purchased so far) the build quality is lacking as far as there are some goobered welds on my pro pegs and the actual pegs look like someone just threw the aluminum in place and hit it with a tig. Also, i noticed that the mud guard on my front bumper still has burrs on the back side of the drilled holes
Coming from 10 years of manufacturing experience, running a shop whos product was all about aesthetics, as well as being an application engineer for a machine tool builder at the moment, you learn that the way people see your product is the way they see your company. You cant make chicken soup with chicken poop

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I agree!

My stuff from AC wasn't that impressive. I sent the skidplate back and kept the front bumper. It also needed to be deburred.

I also concure with the manufacturing philosophy. Working in production myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts