Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have holeshot xc tires and was wondering what would do best in a drag . the xc tires are about an inch taller than stock and and i am running the 14 tooth now and the gears are longer. i kinda like it tho but with a 13 will i do better in drags. i have been thinking that you have to short sift with the stock cam cus it feels like it pulls better like that. i didnt like the 13 tooth with the stock tires. and i almost lost to a raptor with the 13 tooth in but i kida started crappy so i went home put the 14 in and smoked him. what should i do?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Stay with what you like.... the 13 will either cause you to spin more or hook up to well.... BUT ... it will give you shorter shift points that are better for Draging..... Unless you really think you will top out in 5th gear.....

I would stay with the 14 and just give'R hell.....

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by trx450Rrider@Sep 23 2004, 06:14 PM
i have holeshot xc tires and was wondering what would do best in a drag . the xc tires are about an inch taller than stock and and i am running the 14 tooth now and the gears are longer. i kinda like it tho but with a 13 will i do better in drags. i have been thinking that you have to short sift with the stock cam cus it feels like it pulls better like that. i didnt like the 13 tooth with the stock tires. and i almost lost to a raptor with the 13 tooth in but i kida started crappy so i went home put the 14 in and smoked him. what should i do?
The 14t is better once you put the HRC kit in for racing. So, for now I would stay with the 13t!! :D

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anny more inputs cus u both think different. i think i might just stay with the 14 but i dono

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
its up to you man... Put one on a see how it does and then put the other on and see how it does..... then pick the less of the 2 evils......

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by KillerQuad@Sep 24 2004, 12:31 PM
its up to you man... Put one on a see how it does and then put the other on and see how it does..... then pick the less of the 2 evils......
Also, the 13t is only $20!! B)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I liked the 14 t with my mods better, it felt like the power hit harder, I hit the rev limiter with my 13 t in, spin a whole bunch

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i tried the 13 and i rev it alot with it in but it does have more torque but i guess i am going with the 14 tooth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts