Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you guys know. Ryan Whitley is serving the country in the military defending our country. We talked to Ryan on the internet Ryan decided that he wanted us to help him upgrade his bike. Cleatus ( Jim ) a good friend of ours that is a super nice guy, volunterred FREE labor to tear down and rebuild the bike for him to come home and be able to go riding in either Feb or Mar. Jim and I drove about 3 hrs away to pick up His bike from his friends house were I put a plan into action to make this bike something that Ryan would be extremely proud of. To my suprize Jim had this thing framed off and apart in less than 24 hrs . so I would like to thank Jim for all his hard work to make this happen in a timely manner. Long story short we are starting to get parts in and I have gusseted the frame with a Bare Performance gusset kit and even made some extra pieces that gusset the foot peg are for extra strength since Ryan says he is an A-class MX racer. I will be updating some pictures of the build and incoming parts for him and yourself to see. Thanks for everything Jason

These are some samples of the powdercoating we are using on this build.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thats awesome and he really deserves it since he's been serving for our country i think this is an awesome way to pay him back! keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'm so excited about this project, I really cant believe its all happening. Jim, Jason and David are top notch guys and I cant wait to knock a few back with them. I cant wait to see the finished product either, but they said they aren't gonna let me see it 'til I get back. This whole thing, my quad, going to Snake Hunt when I get back, and just going riding is my motivation to get out of this place. Thanks again guys

·
Jim
2,823 Posts
I don't know why I didn't see this post before.

Here are some pictures of the tear down. I am just as excited as you are Ryan, I am sure it will look Bad Ass, just the way you want it.

Keep up the good work over there and see you soon.

·
Registered
972 Posts
that is very cool that those guys are doing that. well deserved. it is great to hear things like this.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
That's some good karma! And colors too!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Good luck with the build...

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Cool stuff guys!

·
Jim
2,823 Posts
awesome guys...cant wait to see how it looks when its done...[/b]

I can't wait to see it done either!

Just for the record, Ryan and I only know each other from the org, we have never actually met. It took a lot of guts to let me go pick up his quad from his buddy's house. Knowing some dude that calls himself Cleatus was going to disassemble it and put it back together.

Thanks Ryan for trusting me, I won't let you down.

Thanks Jason and David for getting all the parts together and for getting them to the powder coaters. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,022 Posts

Just for the record, Ryan and I only know each other from the org, we have never actually met. It took a lot of guts to let me go pick up his quad from his buddy's house. Knowing some dude that calls himself Cleatus was going to disassemble it and put it back together.

Thanks Jason and David for getting all the parts together and for getting them to the powder coaters. :thumbsup:
[/b]
haha thats pretty funny, but i would trust you guys!! well.....maybe if you sweet talked me

·
Registered
302 Posts
very cool guys, congrats on the build. glad to see sum good people in this world! cant wait till u get back n tear that thing up man! take care out there

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

[/b]
haha thats pretty funny, but i would trust you guys!! well.....maybe if you sweet talked me
[/b]
And sweet talk he did...hahaha..... Jim thank you, it took alot to take on a project like this, really I cant say how good it makes me feel, to know that there are still people out there who care to do nice things or others.

Jason and David, again.... I cant thank you for the work you guys are putting into this.

I'm under 90 days til I get home, where I can sleep in a real bed, shower in a real shower, drink a beer when I want to, and go riding with some great friends.

To everyone, thanks for the comments. I wish I was there to build it, cause thats all the fun. Infact thats what was supposed to happen. But Jim coaxed me into "letting" him put it all back together. Dude you guys kick so much ass. back in the day i'd say i'd bust a couple bad guys for ya.... but its pretty calm over here now. They know what its like to have M1A2 Abrams shoot a 120mm round up their skirts and they dont want no more....

1 - 20 of 521 Posts