Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jus got the one industries graphics and i got them on all fine with my cousin. But its been a b!tch to put the seat cover on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would suggest taking it to an auto upholstery shop. You will never get the staples through with a regular stapler. You have to use either an air or power staple gun. It cost me $35 to get it done and one of those staplers will cost at least that, plus I didn't have to get frustrated trying to do it myself!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Just take it to an uphostery shop. Mine cost me $25. I watched her put it on and wouldn't have wanted to do that myself. By the way. Take your quad with you. When they put on my seat cover it looked great and there wasn't any wrinkles, but once the seat went on the bike(because of how the seat fits) there was a couple. My advice, take your quad along when you pick-up your seat and test fit. The lady had to make a slight adjustment and it was OK, to bad I left my quad at home and didn't find out til that nite and then had to take it back the next day.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Pull and Staple ...... Pull and Staple....... take a staple or 2 out and pull some more and staple again.... .i can go on for about a hr.... thats how long in took me and thats all you can do is just pull it tight and staple it and then pull it tighter and staple it again.... :huh:

Not too many easy ways.... sorry

·
Registered
314 Posts
First off, let your cover sit in the hot sun for about 2 hours then install. I did mine and the cover turned out great. Also I was going to buy a electric stapler but ended up using a regular staple gun and it worked ok, not the best but not bad. Just start at the front and work your way back eliminating wrinkles as you go. BTW, after doing my One Industries kit I would suggest putting the decals on first then figure out where your seat cover needs to be and staple where the black lines meet up and work your way back. Mine looks REAL good on the right side but a little off on the left because I did the cover then the graphics.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yeah my staple gun was screwing up too. It would try to put 3 staples in at the same time. Frustration finally kicked in and I threw it and bent it so I had to throw it away. I ended up using my bigger staple gun with some LONG staples. They hold real goo but you have to watch it towards the back or the staples will go right through the seat cover :huh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts