Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and would like to ask a quick question. I currently ride a Raptor 700, but I am thinking about buying a 450 as well. I found a real nice clean low hour 04 TRX450 for sale, and wanted to get some feedback on that year.

The bike is 100% stock, and I can get it for $3k. Good deal?

Just want to make sure that wasnt a bad year or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and would like to ask a quick question. I currently ride a Raptor 700, but I am thinking about buying a 450 as well. I found a real nice clean low hour 04 TRX450 for sale, and wanted to get some feedback on that year.

The bike is 100% stock, and I can get it for $3k. Good deal?

Just want to make sure that wasnt a bad year or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.[/b]
its a honda they dont make bad years like yamaha. :harhar:

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
these bikes are fun to ride. the 04 is a kickstarter like my 05.

tons of mods that can be done and alot of aftermarket parts available for it, alot wich you can buy here.

3k is not bad for a low hour machine. got any pictures of it?

·
Registered
972 Posts
there is some crank bearing failure issues with the 04's and early 05's. FYI. probably not a problem though. just something to consider. not trying to scare ya.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have an 04 and it is been great to me but i keep up on my oil changes and all that kind of stuff reguraly I love this machine by far my favorite so far

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the feedback. I have read some articles online that state the 04-05 were lacking in power those years. I will prob leave it stock for now, and just dont want to get somethin that I will regret in terms of power.

There is also a 05 YFZ I can get for $3500, but its not in as good as shape as the Honda. Poeple online say the YFZ will eat the 04-05 TRX. You know how the trash talking goes on these forums though. I maintain my Raptor very well, and plan to do the same with the TRX.

I am just a little nervous about buying the 04-05 TRX, and then not being happy with the performnace. I read that 06 and up were much better in the performance area due to a carb change? Since I have never ridden a TRX, I have to rely on you guys to help. Again, I appreciate the feedback. Here is a pic..

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
throw in the hrc kit and put a pipe on it and you shouldn't have any "lack of power" issues.

there is a thread on this site somewhere that says how to unleash your R on a budget. good stuff if you don't want to go the HRC route or the performance cam and aftermarket parts route.

good luck. you won't regret getting it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I appreciate the feedback. I have read some articles online that state the 04-05 were lacking in power those years. I will prob leave it stock for now, and just dont want to get somethin that I will regret in terms of power.

There is also a 05 YFZ I can get for $3500, but its not in as good as shape as the Honda. Poeple online say the YFZ will eat the 04-05 TRX. You know how the trash talking goes on these forums though. I maintain my Raptor very well, and plan to do the same with the TRX.

I am just a little nervous about buying the 04-05 TRX, and then not being happy with the performnace. I read that 06 and up were much better in the performance area due to a carb change? Since I have never ridden a TRX, I have to rely on you guys to help. Again, I appreciate the feedback. Here is a pic..[/b]

the jump in power has to do with the bump in compression( 12:1) , hvp porting, larger carb, different timing curve not just the larger carb..... but im pretty sure you will love the trx almost everyone i ride with has the 700's and when they ride my bike they say that it feels similar to their's.

but if you do get it and you dont like the power(which i highly doubt) you can put in a hotcam stg2. and it will really change the bike atleast it changed mine.

my .02

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the feedback. I guess building these things up is half the fun. I will prob go ahead and do the deal this weekend. I will be visiting this site alot now trying to learn what I can about the TRX450.

Looking forward to my first ride.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Definatly get the 450r. You won't regret it..I have a 07 and everyone that rode it said it was fast for a stock bike. My friend has a raptor 700 and says my bikes gearing is very similar to his and he loves how mine rides over his tho. Just threw on a sparks pipe and jetted it and all anyone has said to me is how FREAKIN FAST and smooth it is! The 450rs are truly incredible

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Thanks for all of the feedback. I guess building these things up is half the fun. I will prob go ahead and do the deal this weekend. I will be visiting this site alot now trying to learn what I can about the TRX450.

Thanks[/b]
you will be visiting more than alot lol its more addicting than myspace to a 16 year old girl

·
Registered
77 Posts
you will be visiting more than alot lol its more addicting than myspace to a 16 year old girl
[/quote]

haha I like that.. hes right you know :p

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts

Thanks[/b]
[/b]
I can vouch for that one. LOL Anyway, welcome to the site dude. That '04 looks pretty clean. $3000 aint bad at all.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
I went from a raptor 660 to a stock 450 and was 100% satisfied!!! Truly a great bike!!!! jut if you mod it make sure its done properly. I learnt that the hard way!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
you will love the 450... i have only had mine since june... but i LOVE it... ive only owned 2 blasters, a 400ex with a 440 kit, and i currently own a wr250 as well... but i have ridden a 660, z400, cannondale 440, test drove both KTM quads at KTM Days and test drove the ltr450.

I will say i love the 450r over all of them except the ktm 450. but that is a pricey tag and i dont like how the ktms exhaust rests on the rear caliper and how you have to remove the whole rear end just to put on a slip-on... and its dry clutch squeels after riding HARD on it during the florida heat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts