Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I bought a set of the ProArmor nerfs(not the fat peg ones) for my wifes 450. After about 15 hours the heel guard where it attaches to the nerf broke. Upon further inspection it appears that the weld gave away in the same spot on both sides. I contacted PA and they said that becasue they were older than 90 days they wouldn't replace them but would offer me a discounted price on a set of fat peg nerfs. I told the lady since these didn't last 15 hours of what has to be the tamest riding in history why would I want to give them even more money with no guarantee that these will last any longer. The lady said she would go back to her supervisors and plead my case again, all I want them to do is either refund my money or replace them. Do you guys think that I should buy the fat pegs at a discounted price or what? Are they any stronger? I do need a set of nerfs for my 450 but I ride rather hard and worry thta these won't hold up either and then I m out even more money....

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
my fat pegs done the same thing, and ive seen alot of them do that, but the new fat pegs are supposed to be fixed, so i dunno

·
Registered
473 Posts
i have a set of the new pegs, with the nerfs, and the heal gaurd..the set is in 3 peices...and during my 2nd race...a bolt came out of the heal gaurd where it mounts to the frame(my fault) you would think the heal gaurd would hold its ground for atleast 5 more min of racing...but of course not...the heal gaurd bent all the way into my tire...and cost me my race! i was in first in pro class when this happen, and had to pull off cuz everytime i left hte ground, it would lock up my rear tire and throw me into nose dive....the pegs are awesome..and thast all i like about them...JMO

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got ProArmor to fully waranty my nerfs at no charge to me, they also offered to upgrade to the Fat Peg for an additional $60 so i jumped on it, time will tell how well these ones will hold up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts