Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put a prodesign kit on my 450R. It has been years since I have had a foam filter on anything for the lonest time I was a K and N man but decided to go a differnet way on my R. When I oiled the filter I placed a small amount of Belray filter oil in flat pan and rolled the filter acrossed it soaking up the oil till I could see it on the inside of the filter. I then squeezed the excess out of the filter (not wrinng it out but squeezing it) till all the excess was gone. Now my yellow is a pretty green but looks spotchy in some areas like some ares may have just a little more oil than others places. I then dabbed a paper towel getting rid of any excess that might be left over. My is question how do you know if you have enough oil in the filter and should the filter have the same consistant color on the whole thing from the oil. Also if you have pro design kit did it seem like the alumiun air intake was a little loose in the carb boot (not as tight as the factory). I think the side with the rings around it point towards the filter is this correct.

Thanks in advance
Collin

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What I do is wear a pair of rubber gloves. I put on hand in the filter and I rub the outside of the filter with the other hand. That spreads the oil evenly and gets out the excess at the same time. It give the filter a uniform color.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Also be careful that you don't put toomuch oil on the filter. If you put too much you can suck some of that oil in threw your carbs while in the throttle hard or the oil will drip out of your filter and into your air box and attract way more dirt than you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts