Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i am going to race in my first XC race ever, I was wondering if you guys had any tips on contest prep, like what all i should bring out there. Another thing about how many miles a day should i run in order to make sure i don't tire out. because i do not want conditioning to hold me back. Thanks in advance!!

b.t.w. i have plenty of time to condition the race is at the end of October.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
i usually run about 35-45 miles a day haha

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the arm pump issue will be worked out by then because i plan on pre-running every other weekend. so i should be pretty good in that department. but for example how much cardio do you guys do a day/week?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nothing will do you better than experience!!! Getting out there and racing will do the best for you!! I have been racing just about every weekend for the past 3 months, just hit everything your budget will allow! I do atleast 10 miles a day on my mountain bike, I use the little hand springs to work out my hands (works out those muscles used for clutch, throttle, and front brakes), Pull ups help for arm pump, and some push-ups and sit-ups for the ladies, haha... The week of a race I start eating a banana a day....Race day make sure you eat!! You burn so much energy during a race!!! Hydration is a must!! Race week I've got a bottle of water in my hands all the time...Make sure you have FUN!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts