Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had powroll do any motor work for them? They are selling a 2.7mm stroker kit and I was just wondering how well it worked.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, I built a bored and stroked 400ex that really went very well. I did have problems early on with breaking welds on the crank. No matter what anyone says have it welded all the way round. After going all the way around no problems.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
One of the guys around here has a 580 Powroll predator and it seems to run good.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have a buddy that had them punch out his XR 80 to a 90 (?). He is using their cam and had them do some valve work to make the cam work with his newer style head. I guess the cam is for the older XR's...

It goes like crazy for a XR 80R ®. Up until I got my quad we would race around a buddies 7 acre yard. More than once I was laughing so hard I crashed. :lol:

Learned more riding a minny than anything else! B)

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
do they offer a new carillo rod with the kit or do they heat & squash your stock rod to maintain deck height with the longer stroke?

heating and squashing is NEVER a good idea!.

i've had several break at the heated portion over the years.

i like fast motors , not fast grenades
............mixxer

·
Registered
328 Posts
It goes like crazy for a XR 80R ®. Up until I got my quad we would race around a buddies 7 acre yard. More than once I was laughing so hard I crashed.[/b]
Hhahahahaah dont you just love those riding moments. Rarely happens on big quads or bikes. they are a different kind of fun.

But mini riding you cant beat it. its very theraputic. You and a buddy racing the minis around an oval, till the gas runs out. All the while laughing so hard your cheeks hurt, Nothing better! :D :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I agree!

I need to get it out of the garage more. I ended up pushing it around the parking lot tonight with my 2 year old daughter on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts