Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent thread, Mitco39 mentioned that he uses this additive in his motor oil and that he thinks it's great stuff. He also posted a link to the Power Up website.

After reading up on the NNL 690 and other Power Up products I decided I would give it a try. So I called several of the dealers to get feedback and pricing. And the 3 people I spoke to about this stuff just loved it. Now, I realize they are dealers and want to make a sale but they knew I was only interested in a small 5oz. bottle... so it's not like they needed to make this great sales pitch.

2 of the people I spoke to were the business owners. I had some lengthy conversations with them about this lubricant and the equipment that it's used in. And let me tell you... these guys were very passionate about Power Up lubricants and the NNL 690. You would have thought that I spoke to the guys that invented the stuff... lol

Anyways, figured I would throw up a thread to see if anyone else is using this additive. In the R, at work, on the farm, etc...

And thanks Mitco for the tip on this stuff. The way I look at it, our crank bearings need all the lubrication we can possibly give them.

Here's a cut-n-paste from the website.

Primary Benefits of NNL 690

- Strong film affinity maintains lubrication at start-up.
- Improves filtration efficiency by reducing the generation of large wear particles.
- High base number helps neutralize acids that cause corrosion.
- Reduces friction and metal to metal contact in high load areas of the engine.
- Extends equipment life and increases equipment availability.
- Has a powerful detergent which cleans and suspends sludge and varnish.

Secondary Benefits of NNL 690

- Reduces ultrasonic wear noise which relates directly to component wear.
- Helps prevent sludge and varnish formation.
- Lowers operating temperatures by reducing friction.
- Provides an improved seal around the ring zone area, improving combustion efficiency and reducing smoke opacity and blow-by.
- Reduces fuel and/or electrical power consumption.
- Reduces friction and lowers temperatures in critical bearing and ring zones.

·
Registered
162 Posts
that stuff seems awsome, I think i might give it a try,i think just the testimonials got me sold.I'll try just about anything right now to help make sure i can prolonged not splitting the cases again, that sucked.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ya might give it a try how much does that run 5oz bottle?? i look at the website couldnt find it

·
Registered
436 Posts
Seems like decent stuff. What's in it though?

Ive actually been using STP's "4 cyl Oil Treatment" in the blue bottle. Its a Zinc (ZDDP) package which our flat tappet motors cannot get enough of. Lucas and Redline also have a ZDDP additive that is labled as a "break-in" oil additive. Ive just recently started using it and it seems to have quieted down my valvetrain (HC stg2) at idle quite a bit.

You never used to have to do this kind of crap, but as of the beginning of this year the EPA now has their dikk skinners in the motor oil refining process. A majority of the good synthetic motor oils all used to have around 1200-1500 ppm Zinc. Now theyre all 800-1200 ppm max. :thumbdown: Effin liberal hippies.....go pet a tree or eat some granola.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts