Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Making HP ain鈥檛 free. . .
Discussion Starter #1
There鈥檚 an old vehicle thread somewhere, but figured I would start a new one and stop cluttering up Gary鈥檚 thread!

Post your ride, mods, plans, pics, YouTube vids, whatever. Just no lame SUVs and NO CUVs 馃槀!!!

Truck Yea

20 F150 3.L EcoBoost FX4 4x4 Crew. I had to have it located specially for me as I wanted the 6.5 ft bed and no one locally had one. This particular one has the max tow and heavy duty payload package. Payload package is VERY hard to find and includes the larger bed, 3.73 gears, thicker frame, thicker and stronger semi float axle, extra leaf, different front springs, and 36 gal fuel tank.I was also happy it didnt have too much chrome besides the grille and bumpers, hate the painted bumpers however. Plans are to level it with some bilsteins and a 3" block in back. Maybe Ill put a small sub tube like a bazooka in, bed line it and some seat covers. Maybe Ill do a tune down the road, but Im very satisified even totally stock.

Trucks a unicorn, wont find many like it around-believe me I searched lol.

I wish I woulda went 3/4 ton diesel chevy or ford, but just cant justify needing such a heavy duty truck when the heaviest i may tow is a car maybe once every few years.

Discussion Starter #3
That鈥檚 a nice truck. It鈥檚 nice to see somebody purchase a vehicle that knows what they want, and wait to buy until they find what they want. Most people just buy whatever the dealer shoves down their throat. having that longer box is so nice, I bet 85% of the trucks around here have that ridiculously short 5 foot whatever box, totally useless and looks pretty dumb if you ask me. My last few trucks I鈥檝e had to drive quite a ways to get them because I want/need an 8鈥 bed. This last truck was only a 4 hour drive each way, but still would be nice if dealers would stock more 8鈥 bed trucks locally.

3鈥 isn鈥檛 a huge lift, but it really takes away a lot of the handling ability of a truck, plus the wheel hop with a block isn鈥檛 fun.

can you swap out the painted bumper covers with chrome ones or something?

Registered
700 hp duramax

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CJM

Registered
D

Discussion Starter #6
Nice Duramax! Looks like a sweet build you got in it. WC makes some nice stuff. Now you just gotta finish pulling the rest of the badges and that thing would look super clean!

Truck Yea
Nice DMax!

@hoser yep I knew exactly what i wanted and needed. Problem was no one stocks such trucks here or even within 100 miles (believe me i looked) its all the 5ft bed and I cant use it and hate it. I went to at least 6 dealers, of those 6 one was willing to order it and the one I bought it from actually found this truck with 98% of the options I wanted. It would seem most people want the 5ft bed and giant plastic center console, I wanted the 6.5ft bed and a flip down 3rd seat/console. Further I didnt want any bs crap like leather, chrome everywhere, painted bumpers, etc. Truck had everything but bed lights, spray in liner and a sliding back window, so I went with it. If i couldnt find it you better believe the diesel was gonna be it lol. 4 of the dealers basically wouldnt help me me locate or even entertain ordering one, its b/c they dont make much money on it then. Even worse was I know I over paid, but it has the options I wanted so your sorta stuck. Looked for 4 years before this with little luck

The front is only gonna lifted about 2" with the lift struts and the rear block is already 1.25" so a 3" block isnt much. I am also gonna do a rear hellwig swaybar like I had on my GMC. Trust me, lift is a misnomer-maybe level is more the correct word. Truck already handles better than my old 12 GMC

Reactions: Columbus400

Discussion Starter #8
That鈥檚 kinda funny, you and I have the same requirements for a truck!! I had a dealer tell me they would sell me a truck with leather and all the options cheaper than the truck I wanted, and I just looked at them and said I DON鈥橳 WANT LEATHER!! Lol! i obviously went with another dealer. I want cloth and the bench with fold down console like you, I can鈥檛 tell you how many times I鈥檝e had 6 or 7 in my trucks. I don鈥檛 want to pay thousands of dollars for a 鈥渉igh country鈥 badge, and mostly, I don鈥檛 want the safety stuff, lights constantly flashing, seat vibrating, warnings on the dash, beeping in reverse whether something is there or not 馃檮. I just want a truck, and even Still, I鈥檓 sure it鈥檚 the same in your truck, there鈥檚 still tons of options, but mainly stuff I鈥檒l actually use.

Truck Yea
yep the dealers were like well I have xyz on the lot if you want. I literally walked onto every lot and first thing I told the sales person the exact truck I wanted and besides the one who would order it and the dealer who got it-they didnt get it. Dealer who got it asked me why I needed that particular truck..told them it didnt matter unless they had a diesel for x price, I want this truck. About my only dislike is the back up sensors but you can shut them off and they are sorta handy. My friend is convinced just lease and hand it back in, but I prefer to own stuff lmao. I cant stand all that crap they put on them now, I dont want it to keep me in my lane, I dont need traction control, no I dont want it to stop for me, etc.

Im happy with what i got, plenty of truck and its more importantly what I wanted!

Registered
Nice Duramax! Looks like a sweet build you got in it. WC makes some nice stuff. Now you just gotta finish pulling the rest of the badges and that thing would look super clean!
Haha thanks ,yea it's a mean truck for sure ,yea it's a good build 65mm turbo she's a Whistler .

Discussion Starter #11
Haha thanks ,yea it's a mean truck for sure ,yea it's a good build 65mm turbo she's a Whistler .

where did you have it dynoed? How鈥檚 that truck do when your hauling or towing heavy? I鈥檝e had mild builds in the past, but they dynoed at about 440 hp on a pretty Conservative superflow dyno, But it would still tow amazingly well even with well over 20,000 pounds behind it. I鈥檝e alway been curious how a build like that would tow 15-20,000 pounds. Do you have any trouble keeping it cool?

Registered
Danville in indiana,his bmw 3794 65mm turbo and efi live tunes,I pulledd a 28 foot enclosed trailer from Louisiana to north Idaho when I moved here 14k lbs behind me truck truck did amazing!! And I went back and forth across the country multiple times. The bigger turbo moves. Plenty of air enough I keep my egt in check. Around 1100-1200 pilling through the biggest hills you could ever imagine through Idaho and Montana over for days absolutely no strain. And if I felt I had to give it too much gas to climb I'd just drop it down a gear and rpms would be about 3k. Its making that much power with just a bigger turbo, good tuning, built tranny, bigger cac pipes lift pump, deleted and straight exhaust and other minor goodies. This is the lbz duramax don't take much to make lots if power in these.

Discussion Starter #14
Alright, I鈥檓 going to post this thing first since it鈥檚 the only thing that I鈥檝e actually done real mods to that I currently have.

It鈥榮 a total turd right now, but have had it since 03. 1999 Honda Accord 2.3 with manual tranny. Cylinder #1 got washed out and lost compression at 164,000. I yanked the motor and tranny and did a full rebuild. Bored with new pistons, balance shaft eliminator kit, ported and decked heads, stage 1 Bisimoto cam (webcam), a few other Bisimoto parts, like adjustable cam gear. It was a solid build but I never got a good tune for it so there is more potential there. But the rebuild has 50,000 miles on it now and I have beat on it pretty good. I blew the tranny probably 20 or 30,000 miles ago, so I tracked A low mileage unit down and swapped it out. I still love driving it and drive it quite a bit, but the body is getting pretty rusty. it still has the winter wheels and tires in it in the pic. I don鈥檛 think I鈥檒l ever get rid of this car lol.

Discussion Starter #15
Ok, hopefully this thread gets some more posts.

Here鈥榮 my ATS. I love this car. I mean love love it. It鈥檚 a 6-speed manual with the Performance Package which is crazy hard to find. I ended up finding this one in Florida and had it shipped. You could only get the 2.0 Turbo motor with the 6-speed, but it makes 272 hp stock. Being rear wheel drive makes it a blast to drive. I drift the thing on every ramp and roundabout lol. It鈥檚 a quick car and so much fun. I鈥檝e got different Summer wheels and tires for it, but I鈥檓 trying to get these wore down a bit before I swap them. This car was made to compete against the best handling BMW 3 series and Audi鈥檚 and Merc鈥檚 and it beat them. It鈥檚 built on the Alpha platform so it鈥檚 basically a Camaro underneath with additional lightening. Did I mention I love this car? I鈥檓 not a big 鈥渙ptions鈥 guy as I鈥檝e mentioned before, but this thing has some sweet stuff like LED illuminated door handles, LED 鈥渟ignature lighting鈥 the edge of the headlights have LEDs that run back along the fender line), LED fog lights, adaptive HID headlights, active aero, and some nice usable interior tech. It鈥榮 a super tight, small, agile car that just makes driving so much fun.

Discussion Starter #16
Bump.

There鈥檚 gotta be some more guys with cool cars, or is everyone driving CUVs?? Lol!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts