Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of polishing the heat shield on the exhaust for a little better look, preferably as close to a "mirror" shine as possible. Is there anything I can use to like dip it in that will take the paint or whatever finish it has off? My uncle was telling me something about when he use to have competition bows that they would take all the anodized parts off and dip them in something like draino and it would take off the finish and leave it all shiny...but im not sure. Anyone know what I could do?

·
Registered
919 Posts
i know ez-off oven cleaner takes anodizing off aluminum parts. the heat shield is not aluminum or anodized though. some heavy duty paint stripper would probably work. sand apaer and elbow grease would work too though.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Go to the auto parts store and pick up some air craft stripper. It's strong and works really well. I used it to strip the clutch cover and it did it beautifully.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Go to the auto parts store and pick up some air craft stripper. It's strong and works really well. I used it to strip the clutch cover and it did it beautifully.[/b]
Do you have any close up pics of this and what did you do after you stripped it?

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
That cover is made of steel... not a metal you want to polish. And if you do, make sure to clear coat it or it will quickly rust.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
That cover is made of steel... not a metal you want to polish. And if you do, make sure to clear coat it or it will quickly rust.[/b]

theres an alarm that goes off in Nor*Cal's computer. anytime a polishing topic is posted his computer buzzez.

LOL, just messing with you.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Not to hijack but whats the best way to polish parts to a mirror shine and keep them long lasting? For example can you do the header/mid pipe on exhausts? Mine was a mirror shine or close to it but the heat made it turn bronze. Would love to polish my whole bike lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts