Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone out there polished up the swingarm? or for that matter, any other parts? If so how did you do it and is there anything to look out for? i thought it would be a cool look. and i got some time on my hands.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
So far i have done everything but the swingarm. I have done the front bumper, rear grab bar, thumb throttle cover, kick starter, brake pedal, and a few other little things here and there... I have used Mothers with great results...

Here are some pics of the front bumper and rear grab bar... :D

Dave

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh man the bumer looks crazy!!! :)
is there any particular process for polishing it out? I just thought the swingarm would look sweet. Did you do those nerfs? Only problem is the rough casting surface... any ideas?

btw your first picture is X'd out...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i was thinking... just curious if anyone has done one already

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If you sand the aluminum, won't the scratches show? I have polished my front bumper, rear grab bar, brake and shift lever with mother's polish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you are sanding your aluminium then you will sand it in steps. Starting with a 240 grit and working up to a 800 to 1200 grit before poslid=hing then the scratches will be so fine the eye cannot catch them

·
Registered
33 Posts
there is an easier way to do it on all the easy to reach areas use some type of rotary sander air or electric powered you will need special sand paper its got an adhesive backing on it. I did this on my street bike frame I started with 400 grit round paper on the rotary sander then I used 800 then 1200 and it really did not take that long just depends on how shiny you want it to be

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I sanded and polished my kick starter. It came out pretty good, but I think it still needs some more sanding. On some parts, it looks like chrome. And I can't even notices any scratches. B) I think I will try the brake lever next.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts