Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THE GREEN WIRE MOD ON MY 07 TRX450ER. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE INSTRUCTIONS OR TELL ME WHERE TO GET THEM. I ALSO HEARD HONDA SELLS A SUB HARNESS THAT DOES THIS. ANYONE HAVE THE PART #? ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PART NUMBER FOR THE HRC CAM FOR THE 07 450ER ELECTRIC START. I WAS TOLD THE CAMS ARE DIFFERENT FOR THE ELECTRIC START MODELS? ALSO WHAT ARE THE SPECS FOPR THE HRC CAM? THANSK AGAIN

·
Registered
58 Posts
ok... take off your hood on your R, and look at the harness..... there are going to be three black boxes with wires going into them.... the leftmost box should have a green wire, gray with red stripe, black, and a pinkish with black stripe... its also the smallest of the three boxes.... simply cut the green wire

Now there are a couple different way to go about protecting your R from a short happening due to the exposed wire..

1.) Probably the easiest way would be to just wrap electrical tape around both exposed ends.

2.) You could also get heat shrink wrap, and apply it to the ends, and take a lighter to the wrap till it stops shrinking around the wire.

3.) Adding a male connector and female connector to the ends would be a handy thing to do, simply for the fact that you could choose whether or not you wanted to let your R eat up the RPM's.... say you leave it connected for the trails but disconnect it for the track.

4.) Probably the best way to utilize the ON/OFF Rev Limiter Set-up would be to run a toggle switch that you could mount to your handlebars.... the top of the green wire would go to the POWER end of the switch, and the bottom end of the green wire (the end connected to the black box) would go to the LOAD end of the switch.... what this does is allows power to run through the wire up until it gets to the switch... allowing you to control whether or not you want to send the power through the rest of the wire...

I hope this helped you out!!!!1

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
cams are all the same from 04-07 electric or kick. cant speak for 08's dont know much about em but i wanna say somthings different.

and the above post basicly covers it as far as how to do it, but if you dont want to cut anything there is a harness you can buy that just plugs inline and elimintates the "green wire".
another thing... if you dont have an aftermarket cam, dont do it. it changes more than just the rev limit, besides on the stock cam the power falls off way before you hit the rev limiter, making the extra 1000rpms basicly useless.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
cams are all the same from 04-07 electric or kick. cant speak for 08's dont know much about em but i wanna say somthings different.

and the above post basicly covers it as far as how to do it, but if you dont want to cut anything there is a harness you can buy that just plugs inline and elimintates the "green wire".
another thing... if you dont have an aftermarket cam, dont do it. it changes more than just the rev limit, besides on the stock cam the power falls off way before you hit the rev limiter, making the extra 1000rpms basicly useless.[/b]
no im pretty sure it doesnt change anything except rev limiter

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts

another thing... if you dont have an aftermarket cam, dont do it. it changes more than just the rev limit, besides on the stock cam the power falls off way before you hit the rev limiter, making the extra 1000rpms basicly useless.[/b]
no im pretty sure it doesnt change anything except rev limiter
[/b]
read quite a few times on here that it changes the timing curve as well as rev limiter

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
read quite a few times on here that it changes the timing curve as well as rev limiter[/b]

Any clarification on this topic?
[/b][/quote]

Not that I am aware of....and it is not something that has been proven or dispelled one way or the other since it came up in another topic.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THE GREEN WIRE MOD ON MY 07 TRX450ER. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE INSTRUCTIONS OR TELL ME WHERE TO GET THEM. I ALSO HEARD HONDA SELLS A SUB HARNESS THAT DOES THIS. ANYONE HAVE THE PART #? ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PART NUMBER FOR THE HRC CAM FOR THE 07 450ER ELECTRIC START. I WAS TOLD THE CAMS ARE DIFFERENT FOR THE ELECTRIC START MODELS? ALSO WHAT ARE THE SPECS FOPR THE HRC CAM? THANSK AGAIN[/b]

Personally...I would not bother with the green wire mod at this point unless you really feel you need the extra 1000rpms....you are not going to gain any power by doing so.

The cams for 06/07....R/ER models are the same...the cams for the 04/05 Rs have different specs but can be swapped either way.

The 06/07 HRC cam specs are...Intake Lift(inches): .374" or 9.4996mm
Exhaust Lift(inches): .313" or 7.9502mm

Intake Duration (degrees at .040"):248
Exhaust Duration (degrees at .040"):268
Part # 14110-NLZ-610

The 04/05 HRC cam specs are...Intake Lift(inches): .390" or 10.0mm
Exhaust Lift(inches): .350 or 8.8mm

Intake Duration (degrees at .040"): 260
Exhaust Duration (degrees at .040"): 260
Part # 14110-NLZ-650

Once you do the cam...depending on the one you choose and your setup...the extra 1000 rpm may become a necessity.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
^^ yup, if you have a stock quad, DO NOT DO THIS MOD, it will just create more wear on your valvetrain with no power gain. just get the whole HRC KIT! the jets, sub harness(extra 1,000rpm) bigger venting, header, intake boot, all help to make for a great running engine,and creates a nice step for ever further modding, more powerful cam, porting and such.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts