Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought this bike the guy had told me it was a 525 stroker with a +3 stroke. So doing the math it would make it a 99mm cylinder with the +3 stroke but after measuring the cylinder and piston, it seems to be a 101. I have never measure a cylinder or piston like this before so let me know if I am doing it right. What bore size do you think it is? The first picture is the top of the cylinder and the second one is at the skirt. Then the third and fourth is obviously the piston.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system
Product Automotive tire Engineering Font Bicycle part
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Drinkware
Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Rectangle Gas

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
134 Posts
+3 strokers are 3mm longer stroke but to achieve this HR moved the small eye connecting rod -1.5mm. So the piston rises to the same spot at TDC as OEM, but travels 1.5mm lower at bottom dead center, which means to get back to OEM TDC your coming up 3mm. Does that make sense? Thats the way I was told. If it makes you feel any better I went from OEM crank and piston to a HR +3 stroker and high compression 11.5 piston, and both the OEM and HR stroker cranks are the same height at TDC but because of the small eye movement on the connecting rod by HR the extra 3mm travel is on the bottom of the stroke. See if that fixes the piston bore math.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts