Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new exhaust on Prior to the exhaust bike started first try every try. After I put the exhaust on the bike started first time every time But was super lean. So I got a jet kit since the rebuild I put everything back together properly I have taking it apart 6 times checking. And can not get the Bike to start and the choke doesn’t stay out. I got 2 days before I’m supposed to ride

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,246 Posts
I’m not trying to sound like a prick, but f it isn’t running properly, you didn’t put it together properly. Do you have a service manual? When you take it apart again, don’t look at it With the mindset of making sure you did everything right, look at it knowing that there’s something wrong and try to find out what that is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not trying to sound like a prick, but f it isn’t running properly, you didn’t put it together properly. Do you have a service manual? When you take it apart again, don’t look at it With the mindset of making sure you did everything right, look at it knowing that there’s something wrong and try to find out what that is.
I watched a video of the same carb being put together step by step and following every direction I’m gonna put the old needle and jet in and see what happens

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey what Jet kit did you happen to buy? This is a common issue people who purchase those cheaper Dyno Jet Kit and other no names brands what happens is they use a totally different number compared to OEM Keihin Jets and so people think they have the right number (or close to) and then jet happens to be way to small or way to big. For example a Dynojet You might be using what you think is a 150 but it's actually a 138 or pilot jet you think that you're using a 38 but in reality you're using a 30 and making it not wanna idle to do it being lean. As for the Choke Lever it seems worn out it should stay out till you push it back in. A Tall Tell Sign if you're to rich in the Pilot jet it that it won't start unless you have the choke pulled. So have someone hold the choke out and see if it fired up and idles good, if this is the case you need to go way smaller on the pilot jet. I left a link below to check out in case you're using a Dyno Jet kit to compare and get the correct jetting size.

I would go to your closest dealership and they will have Jets.. If they have Genuine Keihin Jets I'd get those. I would try a 42 Pilot Jet / 170 Main and the Needle Setting in the middle Clip to start off.

If I were you I would

1 - 4 of 4 Posts