Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have had a few different rides and noe i have the 450 and their really isnt many places to ride i live in the heart of Virgina wich would be Farmville i was wondering if any of you guys lived in that area and could give me a few places to ride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by 450r-rider@Aug 16 2004, 09:32 PM
Well i have had a few different rides and noe i have the 450 and their really isnt many places to ride i live in the heart of Virgina wich would be Farmville i was wondering if any of you guys lived in that area and could give me a few places to ride.
Well i guess everyone is quite on this subjet.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am from vegas, and i ride at the nellis dunes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in western New York and there is only a few privite spots to ride. They are also starting to shut down.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I live in southeastern indiana, it's about a 7 minute drive for me to get into kentucky or ohio
I usually ride at Haspin acres and sometimes bucks run mx park, we ride private land a lot too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm south of phoenix and you can ride everywhere out here in the desert. There are so many roads and trails.(lots of blm and state land)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I live in maine and all the local pits are shutting down.
The state just passed a new law saying that we have to carry written land owner permission from anyone whose land we ride on

That could be a novel. The amount of people whose land i cross in a 30 min timespan could be anywhere from 20-30.

This all started cause the snowmobiles dont like us tearing up trails so the put up a big stink and now atvs and mx bikes can basically now go anywhere.

We lost 1 pit to the state who flooded it and turned it in to a marsh kinda thing for animal.

We lost another to a housing development and the last decent(by decent i mean maybe 10 diff hill climbs) pit we have is going to be leveled and turned it to a SUPER WALMART!!!!!!!!
I guess having 2 both within a 20 minute drive just isnt good enough

everyone is building houses on top of trails and putting chains and concrete blocks up to keep everyone from crossing. A buddy i used to ride with almost died because someone put an unmarked chain up in the middle of a trail and it caught him in the neck just below the helmet

I HATE URBAN DEVELOPMENT!!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by t00muchmetal@Sep 1 2004, 11:23 PM
I live in maine and all the local pits are shutting down.
The state just passed a new law saying that we have to carry written land owner permission from anyone whose land we ride on

That could be a novel.  The amount of people whose land i cross in a 30 min timespan could be anywhere from 20-30.

This all started cause the snowmobiles dont like us tearing up trails so the put up a big stink and now atvs and mx bikes can basically now go anywhere.

We lost 1 pit to the state who flooded it and turned it in to a marsh kinda thing for animal.

We lost another to a housing development and the last decent(by decent i mean maybe 10 diff hill climbs) pit we have is going to be leveled and turned it to a SUPER WALMART!!!!!!!!
I guess having 2 both within a 20 minute drive just isnt good enough

everyone is building houses on top of trails and putting chains and concrete blocks up to keep everyone from crossing.  A buddy i used to ride with almost died because someone put an unmarked chain up in the middle of a trail and it caught him in the neck just below the helmet

I HATE URBAN DEVELOPMENT!!
That really sucks!! Sorry to hear that. Out here in Cali, you can ride for days in the Sierra Mountains. There is thousands of trails going everywhere. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
there always used to be here too.

you could go all the way from southern maine to northern maine but then the state started funding snowmobile trail and people started complaing they were too rough and the atvs created the whoops under the snow so the state pull the plug and snowmobiles clubs got there way no more atvs on the state snowmobile trails.

A couple guys bought a pit a couple towns over and are turning it into and MX track!

It is invite only for now but they said bye next year the should be able to make it public the have to get permits and crap

so ...............WOOOHHOOOOOO 1 PLACE TO RIDE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by t00muchmetal@Sep 2 2004, 11:28 PM

you could go all the way from southern maine to northern maine but then the state started funding snowmobile trail and people started complaing they were too rough and the atvs created the whoops under the snow so the state pull the plug and snowmobiles clubs got there way no more atvs on the state snowmobile trails.

A couple guys bought a pit a couple towns over and are turning it into and MX track!

It is invite only for now but they said bye next year the should be able to make it public the have to get permits and crap

Well I hope it don't get worse for you man. Goodluck to you and your riding. I guess you can always move to California if you get sick of it there. Lots of tracks, lots of woods riding and a few state parks for riding! Which those are keep up from the green sticker that we buy for our bike. These states parks are maintained for everyone and it doesn't cost a thing to camp there! :D )

the place I go to is called Stoney Fort. Awesome place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by t00muchmetal@Sep 2 2004, 11:28 PM

tOOmuchmetal, Where abouts ya from? That track is opening real soon, I practiced there a few weeks ago and it is nice,like you said invite only, I went with these guys from gitterdoneracing.com. If you want more info call Rochester motorsports ask for Mike in NH. Bummer they had to fill New Dam up with water huh, I liked riding there better than Dayton sand and gravel.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm from Bakersfield, CA and we have alot of places to ride. My local spot is 1 mile away and is right by Mesa Merin Speedway that's okay for a day and is all dirt and jumps, no sand. Then 45 minutes away there's Hungry Valley which is a state riding area and you need a map that has marked trails so you don't get lost. Trails are marked like ski lifts easy, difficult, hardest. That's good for a weekend. Then 2 1/2 hours is Pismo Beach dunes good for a weekend then about 4-5 hours away is Glamis, never been but heard it's good for a lifetime. There's alot more but those are the ones I like!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm southern Arizona, Tucson and you can ride almost everywhere in the desert. lots of blm and state land

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by 450r-rider@Aug 16 2004, 08:32 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14883
[/quote]

i live in Alberta, Canada.... there are tons of places to ride here.... we own 2 sections just 15 minutes from the greatest riding in this whole province... a place called Wiaprous..... :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
I live in SW Washington State. I can ride across my neighbor's yard up into the forest behind our neighborhood. There are miles and miles of trails that wind through the countryside. I can drive about 20 minutes to a small beach along the Columbia River. If I drive two hours I will be at a place on the Oregon coast called Sand Lake. It is alright for a day or two but no more. 3.5 hours away are the Oregon Dunes that provide TONS of riding room and lots of fun. If you haven't been there just take a look at some maps on the 'net and you will see that there is plenty of room to ride.

Jaydawggy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im from lovely Las Vegas and there are tons of open desert lots right around my neighborhood,dumont and armagosa are only an hour or more away,nellis sand dunes,and also right on my own neighborhood streets cuz my neighbors dont mind cuz there are atleast 20 people with quads in my neighborhood so im got alot of places to ride

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by jaydawggy@Nov 16 2004, 10:22 AM
I live in SW Washington State.  I can ride across my neighbor's yard up into the forest behind our neighborhood.  There are miles and miles of trails that wind through the countryside.  I can drive about 20 minutes to a small beach along the Columbia River.  If I drive two hours I will be at a place on the Oregon coast called Sand Lake.  It is alright for a day or two but no more.  3.5 hours away are the Oregon Dunes that provide TONS of riding room and lots of fun.  If you haven't been there just take a look at some maps on the 'net and you will see that there is plenty of room to ride.

Jaydawggy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31409
[/quote]

Yea I live in Oregon.....Sand lake is located just outside of Pacific City. There are two seperate parking areas and a camp ground, five bucks a day parking on the sand and 10 bucks in the lot. It is fun for the day, maybe the weekend, but you can cover the whole park in about two or three hrs. The are some nice trails and a few hiil climbs, but nothing special. About the best thing to do at Sand lake is the tree shots, nice long hill climbs with soft sand and little room to turn-around at the bottom. The Oregon dunes are in the city of Florence. Five bucks a day. Tons of space and lots of varity. Camp grounds right off the dunes with rentals if needed. IF you wanna go a couples hrs south to the town of coos bay you have Winchester Bay. I have never been there, but heard it is very similiar to Florence. Oregon also has Christmas Valley. These dunes are over east and are basically in the middle of no where, very soft sand that in kinda dusty. You don't have to pay to ride here, but you dont have any parking lots or "real" bathrooms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in virginia and know a few places to ride near were i live just depends on what kind of riding your doing trail rinding there is a few places in pungo and there are a few motocross tracks around the area

1 - 20 of 24 Posts