Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was offered a job in tampa fl. but i was wondering what the cost of living is like there and what the taxes are like there and most important is there any sand there to ride atvs? :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
well... i don't know where you are comparing it to, but west of tampa, pinellas county, is high; and in all other directions from tampa, away from the gulf and beaches, it is lower. i'm not sure about living in the city of tampa.

riding places
not many close by, but i drive @1-1.5hrs depending on traffic to get to croom in brooksville. croom is where most people around this area ride. there is also sunshine mx track in clearwater (10 mins. from me). i like croom and have also been to ocala national forest once. it takes about 2-2.5hrs to get to and i pass croom on the way. ocala national forest is huge but they recently closed the pits due to accident law suits. because some people don't know how to ride or take responsibility for their own actions, we are all penalized. hope this helps. also, check out this web site...

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/

there are links on the left side "Where to Ride"

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Next time i'm in florida I will look you up reddog, my uncle lives off highland avenue in clearwater, real close to Largo city limits. I think there is another mx track thats close to the clearwater/tampa area too, I can't thing of what street its off of mabey 46th street or something like that. It was behind a warehouse and a restraunt, I went and looked at it but didn't have time to ride, it looked awesome!

My cousin Scott lives pretty close to the west bay hospital or mabey its called east bay I can't remember. Anyways he lives right behind CVS or Walgreens, I can't remember which. :D

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
i was born and raised in tampa florida. i still have family that live there. the only place i ever road was at croom. nice trail riding. it seems to be the spot. as far as the cost of living i think it's pretty high. but the surrounding city are very reasonable. i now live in california in a city called bakersfield. its one of the fastest growing cities in the u.s, the reason for that is the cost of living and housing. tampa is really nice though. i've lived in brandon. it's niext to tampa. the only bad thing i have to say about florida in general is it too humid and it rains like crazy. but the women make up for it. lmao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts