Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if playing with tire pressure well help for a smoother ride at chopped up pismo.

im mostly thinking about the front dune tires, since theyre ribbed ive notice on chopped up sand they tend to send more vibration through the bars since the tires are just being pulled from one chop to another.

will airing up the front tires reduce the contact patch with the sand and help out? or airing down to have the tire work as a shock and take some of the chops easier?

or as always, find the meduim and deal with it.. LOL

·
Registered
744 Posts
Airing down...... I air down my small tires at Dumont to help with the choppy sand..... It helps BIG TIME!!!!! I dont know how mani PSI i just air them down and feel them with my hand.... squishy enough and they ride good...... and those tires ride like poop...

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Airing down...... I air down my small tires at Dumont to help with the choppy sand..... It helps BIG TIME!!!!! I dont know how mani PSI i just air them down and feel them with my hand.... squishy enough and they ride good...... and those tires ride like poop...

[/b]

yeah but your front tires are half the time in the air.. lol

and im diggin that shot up there.

·
Registered
744 Posts

[/b]

yeah but your front tires are half the time in the air.. lol

and im diggin that shot up there.
[/b]

thanks

I love that shot...... and yeah your right my tires are smaller.. and they make the world of difference when I run them with low air pressure vs higher air pressure.......

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
who needs front tires?????

lol

I keep mine in the 6# area.....unless its really bad....then I go down to about 4#........

if your running an extended swinger..... you have more weight on the front tires....which intensifies the issue...

jmho.....

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
who needs front tires?????

lol

I keep mine in the 6# area.....unless its really bad....then I go down to about 4#........

if your running an extended swinger..... you have more weight on the front tires....which intensifies the issue...

jmho.....[/b]

interesting, please explain..

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
the longer the bike is the more "leverage" it has. On the other hand you got elkas man it should be pretty smooth anyways hah, just run like 5psi it's what i run.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the longer the bike is the more "leverage" it has. On the other hand you got elkas man it should be pretty smooth anyways hah, just run like 5psi it's what i run.[/b]

those shocks to make a nicer ride through the rutts.

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
on the duner i run 4 psi with LT TCS shocks and you can't even feel the ruts. on my drag bike i run 3 psi and well thats another story. anyhow still better IMO than adams bike is my drag bike with the fox floats.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
on the duner i run 4 psi with LT TCS shocks and you can't even feel the ruts. on my drag bike i run 3 psi and well thats another story. anyhow still better IMO than adams bike is my drag bike with the fox floats.

[/b]

i run about 4-5 lbs too, i like that shot^^^^

are those arms LT or you made them LT?

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts

[/b]

[/b]
i did the measurements but my cousin did all the welding. they are standard travel alba elites +2's converted to fit my 20.5" LT TCS. i too like that shot. lol

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

[/b]

[/b]
i did the measurements but my cousin did all the welding. they are standard travel alba elites +2's converted to fit my 20.5" LT TCS. i too like that shot. lol
[/b]

awww, i thought so from looking at the mounting points. good job, and whats going on with the duner?
i allready know you have top end off.... :sweatingbullets:

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
QUOTE(BadinBlack @ Jul 15 2008, 01:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=531071
<div class='quotemain'>on the duner i run 4 psi with LT TCS shocks and you can't even feel the ruts. on my drag bike i run 3 psi and well thats another story. anyhow still better IMO than adams bike is my drag bike with the fox floats.

[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

awww, i thought so from looking at the mounting points. good job, and whats going on with the duner?
[/b][/quote]
not sure what i am going to do but after my girl called it slow, something needs to change. that bike is awsome and i really enjoy riding her since she is so much smoother and well balanced than my drag bike. problem is, that it does feel slow.... port/polish and a new piston i think will help that out. lol :sweatingbullets:

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE(sandshots @ Jul 15 2008, 01:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=531073
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b]
[/b]
why carry two types of gas. if youre allready buyin race fuel might as well run high compression in both.

[/b][/quote]
not sure what i am going to do but after my girl called it slow, something needs to change. that bike is awsome and i really enjoy riding her since she is so much smoother and well balanced than my drag bike. problem is, that it does feel slow.... port/polish and a new piston i think will help that out. lol :sweatingbullets:
[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I ran between 3-5..... Adjust your crossover point or see about getting your shocks resprung..... this will help the most. Your running about as low as I would go..... hate to bust the bead on a witches eye!!!!!

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ran between 3-5..... Adjust your crossover point or see about getting your shocks resprung..... this will help the most. Your running about as low as I would go..... hate to bust the bead on a witches eye!!!!![/b]

crossover point?

shox are a yr old i dont think theyre ready to be resprung. and i doubt i'll pop a bead with these wheels, but its possible.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Crossover point is the point where any two spring cross over from one spring to the other....... That said, if your tender spring(s) crossover to early the main spring then you will get a "rough" ride...... It doesn't matter how old your springs are.... they have to be sprung for you and where you ride!!!! Have you tried messing with the compression settings? Ride height(pre load)?

I wouldn't risk running any lowwer..... put too much weight to one wheel on a side load, EX. land sideways your done for!!!! It sucks, trust me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts