Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a Chm Full Exhaust, Ehs Racing lid, and the few free mods to "uncork the R". I beat a Hrc Kit R, a stock yfz450, and a Curtis Sparks Piped yfz450 but for and a stock Predator that dropped a tooth in the front by 5 quads but for some ungodlly reason I can't beat this one stock Predator. He always beats me out by a tire or a quad. Do you all think he has done something to it besides the K and N filter he put on?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by Fatboy@Sep 27 2004, 07:39 PM
OK, I have a Chm Full Exhaust, Ehs Racing lid, and the few free mods to "uncork the R". I beat a Hrc Kit R, a stock yfz450, and a Curtis Sparks Piped yfz450 but for and a stock Predator that dropped a tooth in the front by 5 quads but for some ungodlly reason I can't beat this one stock Predator. He always beats me out by a tire or a quad. Do you all think he has done something to it besides the K and N filter he put on?
Weight may be an issue. I you weigh significantly more than he/she does then you may lose the race. I raced a piped Raptor on my R and SMOKED him but when I got on his Raptor and he on my R I smoked the R. He weighs close to 280lbs and I weigh 175lbs. This obviously makes a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a pred and they are very fast bikes. Ty not to under estimate them. But there still is something wrong if he is beating you buy 5 quad lengths
There was no pipe right? maybe a hard rock airbox mod, but thats all i can think of.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Are you kidding me, they ride nice, I will say that and Im sure they are a good quad, to me they seemed slow as hell, they are so heavy, I know for a fact that he has ALOT more done than he says.

My friend has one piped with filters and he barely beats 400ex's, he ways a little bit, but still

Jason

·
Registered
810 Posts
If a piped pred as a problem beating 400ex's either you have some really built big bore 400ex'x in your area or the guy with the pred has a problem or his bike does.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
my dad has a stock pred and a piped,k&n, UM airbox,razr2s pred. I can beat the stock one buy about 2 lenths on flat dirt ground (because no traction with my weight(115))but on the hill at little sahara I got him by about 7 lenths!!!We will go to gordons well for the weekend after halloween and play king of the hill with the piped one. B)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Realized this!!!!! Not every quad will have the same power. Some bikes will be faster than others out from the factory(same quad). Plus, I'm pretty sure you said you weight allot. So weight has allot to do with it. One thing for sure. Your CHM is made for top end speed, so your losing on the bottom end to gain top. If you had the FCR carb or a different pipe then you would gain in the bottom end. But, you can't have both, that's just the way it is!! Try racing this guy from a rolling start and then see what happen's!!! :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I raced 2 preds. this weekn, and 2 yfz's. i killed both preds,a d both had pipes that i know of, and i beat one of the yfz's, the other one just ripped azz...
Ill get him soon though...lol :ph34r:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL I only way 175 although I am 15 haha..The pred didnt beat me by 5 quads. It beat me by 1 quad. I beat a pread that had dropped a tooth in the front by five quads.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I Raced a Preddy with about 2 grand in it and i was literaly pulling catwalks along side him....lol it didnt take long befor he got board and went home. But i really dont no how u couldnt beat one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by Fatboy@Sep 27 2004, 09:39 PM
OK, I have a Chm Full Exhaust, Ehs Racing lid, and the few free mods to "uncork the R".
this is the second time around here hearing about the free mods how to "uncork the r." Can anyone shed some light on this because i have no idea or ever heard this before.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Red450Rider+Sep 29 2004, 09:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fatboy
@Sep 27 2004, 09:39 PM
OK, I have a Chm Full Exhaust, Ehs Racing lid, and the few free mods to "uncork the R".
this is the second time around here hearing about the free mods how to "uncork the r." Can anyone shed some light on this because i have no idea or ever heard this before. [/b]
Here you go dude read this!!! :D
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1672

·
Registered
16 Posts
thanks u guys! i thought it was something like the cam mode like the yfz, i hate it that some people with the yfz would brag because they can mode the cam and our R can't! Oh well... i would have done this before i got my stuff but i just found out this forum not so long ago and i've had my r when they first came out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts