Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we ran on the pavement only....a little over 3 miles or so with TONS of tight switchbacks....

VERY FUN!!!!

We ran from Cove Creek to Devils playground on the map...

Pikes Peak Map

My gearing was WAY to high so I was getting left leaving the corners, but the new swaybar made a big difference!

They didn't post about 5 peoples times so I have no idea what I did other than I was slow due to gearing

One pic of me and some of the course...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Awesome! That looks like a good time!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice meeting you today Clutch. Tomorrow is all dirt so it should be exciting.[/b]
Nice meeting you too! Thanks for coming up and introducing yourself!

Hopefully we get some rain up on the Peak tonight or tommorrow is going to be really dusty!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see vehicles on the road. Is the course closed to all traffic during practice?[/b]
Yes it is....practice starts at first light, literally...we have been getting up at 2:30 local time and have been on the road towards the Peak at about 3:15. Today, the race was trying to get past all the car haulers and long trailers before we made it through the toll gates. We finish practice around 8 ish.

These pics were taken after practice was closed and the road was open to the public. I had the bike in the back of the truck and a 13 year old boy riding on the bike while we drove up to near the top. We had some guy come flying up next to us, whip out a camera and take a picture of the kid on the quad in the back of the truck, laughing his a$$ off.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Looks great! Man I haven't been to the top of Pikes Peak since 1991. Although I was almost contracted to re model the gift shop up on the top.... and I was really hoping they didn't except my bid.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
just saw a show last night on the History channel about pikes peak and how it got started.

according to the show the whole road is being repaved and the retaining wall rebuilt or repaired.
cool show.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great! Man I haven't been to the top of Pikes Peak since 1991. Although I was almost contracted to re model the gift shop up on the top.... and I was really hoping they didn't except my bid.[/b]
Thanks Eric!

Thanks again for all the help while I'm out here!

Just remember...you're up next year!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts