Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we were on the top section of the mountain...our pits were located at Devils Playground. Let me tell you, at 4 AM at 13K ft. it is COLD!!!!

The section we practiced on was all dirt road...they must have had some rain overnight as it was very damp and even muddy in places. Flat track tires didn't work very well in the early runs.

One rider crashed with minor bruising from what he said...still it took the wind out of my sails! That and the fact that I had tagged a wall with a rear tire on one of the corners...just took it easy today.

I brought the camera up to the summit on one of the runs, the view is beyond description....

·
Registered
10 Posts
One rider crashed with minor bruising from what he said...still it took the wind out of my sails! That and the fact that I had tagged a wall with a rear tire on one of the corners...just took it easy today.[/b]
The rider is doing good, he's more worried about getting his quad back together by sunday than anything. It sucks riding up and seeing a friend lying motionless in a ditch.

On a brighter note I think I finally got my FI mapping on my suzuki right. The last full run I made she was screaming.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Great camera shots Blaine! Hoes the motor/ carb, and gearing on that section of the coarse? Correy called me again just now and wanted to know how your Honda was running, and he heard there were some DNF's but thought most of them were from transponders not working right? Any word on this?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great camera shots Blaine! Hoes the motor/ carb, and gearing on that section of the coarse? Correy called me again just now and wanted to know how your Honda was running, and he heard there were some DNF's but thought most of them were from transponders not working right? Any word on this?[/b]

Once the gearing got figured out...it runs great!

The DNF's were a timing issue...I wish they would have listed a "no time" rather than a DNF...

I would almost take a scorching case of herpes over a DNF...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One rider crashed with minor bruising from what he said...still it took the wind out of my sails! That and the fact that I had tagged a wall with a rear tire on one of the corners...just took it easy today.[/b]
The rider is doing good, he's more worried about getting his quad back together by sunday than anything. It sucks riding up and seeing a friend lying motionless in a ditch.

On a brighter note I think I finally got my FI mapping on my suzuki right. The last full run I made she was screaming.
[/b]
Ya...that did suck big time! He is a really nice guy, that fact withstanding, you don't want to see anyone get hurt!

Now you have me worried about the Suzi Q... There is enough fast people already! We need a "fat old/slow guy" class... :_specialED:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now you have me worried about the Suzi Q... There is enough fast people already! We need a "fat old/slow guy" class... :_specialED:[/b]
You better be worried, they have me listed as fastest time for friday.
[/b]
Easy now...

Not over till it's over...

Truth be told...I'm ready for it to be done...this has been a LONG two weeks! Tired of wrenching, tired of getting up at 2:30 AM...and just plain tired! I'm not used to this heat and altitude...tough on us old guys! Give me -20 and sea level...nice thick air!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now you have me worried about the Suzi Q... There is enough fast people already! We need a "fat old/slow guy" class... :_specialED:[/b]
You better be worried, they have me listed as fastest time for friday.
[/b]
Easy now...

Not over till it's over...

Truth be told...I'm ready for it to be done...this has been a LONG two weeks! Tired of wrenching, tired of getting up at 2:30 AM...and just plain tired! I'm not used to this heat and altitude...tough on us old guys! Give me -20 and sea level...nice thick air!
[/b]
I know what you mean about being tired. My goal this year is just to make it to the top.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow... This is just awesome.

I wish you guys the best of luck.[/b]
Troy kicked some serious rear end for "being all over the place"...guy is fast!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
yall start at the bottom and race all the way to the top? how does it work? clutch said its been 2 weeks lol thats a long race

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yall start at the bottom and race all the way to the top? how does it work? clutch said its been 2 weeks lol thats a long race[/b]
It's been a long two weeks because for the week prior to leaving home, I was in a constant trash fest to get everyting done...get out to CO and spend the week prior practicing and getting up at 2:30 AM....then 3:30 for the race....

Check out the course map...

Race Map

Now I get to crawl out of bed at 6 and start a 14 hour drive home...then try and catch up on everyting that went to $hit while I was gone...work, house, etc....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts