Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was one of the most accident ridden races that I have been to on the Peak. We were scheduled to run around noon and probably got going 2 hours late because of all the crashes on the course.

I got a bad start and had to fight around one guy and then by the slimest of margins avoided crashing into another racer who spun out on the asphalt in front of me.

The bike ran well and handled great...the fat rider didn't do so good...my thumb started giving out about the halfway point and towards the end I was using my left hand for the straights... :thumbdown:

Anyway...got to the top...good clean run...finished the race and that was about what I was shooting for...

Finishing Times

GREAT group of guys in the 450 production class...had a TOTAL BLAST!!!!

Some pics from the staging and the top...

Plus a little eye candy roaming around all day...needless to say...I didn't get an "umbrella girl"... :banghead:

I want to thank Mixxer for the great head and Eric (tersejr) and Cory in CO springs for the help tuning...I will be back next year for sure! I have a goal of eventually making it into the top 3...that may take a couple of years....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you meat Bobby Parr was he running thsi year ?[/b]
No he wasn't...

John Stallworth and John Angel were racing though...JS is a riot!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
cool glad you didn't crash! yeah sometimes its great just to finish :yes good job :thumbsup:

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Congrats Clutch! Glad to see you made it through the race and finished. I think it would be a blast to run that race. Maybe someday...

Thanks for all the cool pics... and have a safe trip home.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
John Stallworth has been running that for years... He used to build some wicked banshee hybrids and walk away with the wins.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Just looked at the finishes.. Guess he still runs the shees and still at the top..

good deal. Probably good PR for Nmotion...

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
It was one of the most accident ridden races that I have been to on the Peak. We were scheduled to run around noon and probably got going 2 hours late because of all the crashes on the course.

I got a bad start and had to fight around one guy and then by the slimest of margins avoided crashing into another racer who spun out on the asphalt in front of me.

The bike ran well and handled great...the fat rider didn't do so good...my thumb started giving out about the halfway point and towards the end I was using my left hand for the straights... :thumbdown:

Anyway...got to the top...good clean run...finished the race and that was about what I was shooting for...

Finishing Times

GREAT group of guys in the 450 production class...had a TOTAL BLAST!!!!

Some pics from the staging and the top...

Plus a little eye candy roaming around all day...needless to say...I didn't get an "umbrella girl"... :banghead:

I want to thank Mixxer for the great head and Eric (tersejr) and Cory in CO springs for the help tuning...I will be back next year for sure! I have a goal of eventually making it into the top 3...that may take a couple of years....[/b]
All you can ask for is to finish and not crash...Sounds like fun but nah.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're famous Blaine, they had a big picture of you crossing the finish line in todays paper. Now that we've both made it to the top (don't ask me how I made it) we can let it all hang out next year.

Just looked at the finishes.. Guess he still runs the shees and still at the top..

good deal. Probably good PR for Nmotion...[/b]
Stallworth separated from Nmotion, he has his own company now. www.bigboremotors.com

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
You're famous Blaine, they had a big picture of you crossing the finish line in todays paper. Now that we've both made it to the top (don't ask me how I made it) we can let it all hang out next year.

Stallworth separated from Nmotion, he has his own company now. www.bigboremotors.com
[/b]
ha.. didn't know that.. thanks!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

[/b]
Troy,

Which paper? Can you send me a copy (link would be fine too!).

Thanks!

Great race BTW!

Far be it from me to impose...but maybe you should get some straps on your loading ramps! :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was in the Colorado Springs gazette. Second pic in this slide show, it was across the top of a page in the sports section. SLIDESHOW
Far be it from me to impose...but maybe you should get some straps on your loading ramps! :thumbup:[/b]
Lol, thats how my whole day went, narrowly escaping disaster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts