Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally uploaded a few pics from this weekend at a local ranch. I took my son and he had a pretty good time. My buddy got hurt though doing the hill climb on his trailblazer 250. He made it all the way to the top and then one tire let loose, threw him up the berm and caused him to roll halfway down. He ended up breaking 3 ribs and tore his spleen. But the trooper he was, he stayed the rest of the day and rode after we bent his bars back and air his tire back up. I would throw some cool scenery shots up also but I dont want to bore anyone. Hope you enjoy!

Heres me FINALLY testing out the new yfz450. I agree with everyone in saying it is quite cramp and doesnt have the power of the 450R :lol:

Here is my kiddo dreaming of what it will be like when he grows up.

Here is the hill climb that my buddy got hurt on. The pic doesnt do it justice. I cannot walk up this thing because it is so steep. I will try to take a pic from the top this weekend when I go back out. Its no wonder they call it the "Widow Maker" :huh:

Heres one of my kiddo learning how to ride on his own (also on the yfz450)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
cool...I like the YFZ comment :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope your right when you say the picture of that hill does not no justice. cause if not you would Sh!t your pants if you seen some of the cliffs we ride up....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I lied, here a couple more pics.

My buddy Al resting after his injury on the Widow Maker

Al's Trailblazer after pieceing it back together. Not bad for a $200 4 wheeler

The dragstrip out there.

Another hill climb out there but VERY minor compared to the widow maker

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
that last pic looks like a great step up jump...have you hit it yet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Jul 21 2004, 08:37 PM
cool...I like the YFZ comment :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I hope your right when you say the picture of that hill does not no justice. cause if not you would Sh!t your pants if you seen some of the cliffs we ride up....
The hill climb may not be that bad from what you guys have seen but I have only been riding quads for about 3 years so I have yet to see the treacherous stuff Im sure. All I know is that it is about 75 feet to the top and too steep to walk up, even in the brush section on the side.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Jul 21 2004, 08:43 PM
Nope not yet. Im still pretty green when it comes to jumping. The most I have gotten is about 5 foot of air. :(

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
yeah I know its a good one. I have tried to take pics of hills before, but pics never do them justice...

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Lason+Jul 21 2004, 08:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450rlude
@Jul 21 2004, 08:43 PM
Nope not yet. Im still pretty green when it comes to jumping. The most I have gotten is about 5 foot of air. :( [/b]
the trick is to land while on the gas...it takes all the weight off of your shocks and you can land way easier...therefor you can jump higher and further....when you jump and just land without landing on the gas. all the weight is thrown onto the shocks...

Practice jumping and then landing under acceleration and you wil notice what Im talking about.

On jumps you jump all the time, you will notice the ones that normally have a hard landing, wont be near as hard if you land while on the gas.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Jul 21 2004, 08:48 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 08:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450rlude
@Jul 21 2004, 08:43 PM

Nope not yet. Im still pretty green when it comes to jumping. The most I have gotten is about 5 foot of air. :(
the trick is to land while on the gas...it takes all the weight off of your shocks and you can land way easier...therefor you can jump higher and further....when you jump and just land without landing on the gas. all the weight is thrown onto the shocks...

Practice jumping and then landing under acceleration and you wil notice what Im talking about.

On jumps you jump all the time, you will notice the ones that normally have a hard landing, wont be near as hard if you land while on the gas. [/b]
Good tip!! I used to ride BMX when I was a kid/teenager and I went to the first X-Games in S. Padre Island TX (didnt compete, just spectated) and they had a King of the Dirt competition. After the X-Games they were letting people try out the different courses before they tore them down so I was at the King of the Dirt course and one my first run I tried doing a tail whip and landed wrong and broke my wrist and collar bone. Ever since then I have been VERY leary about jumping. It sucks that it is just a big mind trip.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
gotta get back on that horse man. B)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
cool pics man those hills look fun . sorry about your friend man

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Jul 21 2004, 09:21 PM
gotta get back on that horse man. B)
LOL, Im trying hence the quads Im riding now B)

cool pics man those hills look fun . sorry about your friend man[/b]
Yeah he is OK I guess. He keeps telling me it is nothing compared to a 20 ft. free fall from the landing skid of a chopper (he was in the Army for 8 years) and even though the Doc told him to take it easy for a couple of weeks he is wanting to go riding this weekend, lol. He didnt have a problem telling his boss he couldnt do any manual labor though :lol:

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Nice pics man, and it looks like a nice place to ride. I hear ya on pics not showing the true "crazyness" of the hill. Me and a bud are making some hills in the sand pits this weekend and I am hoping I can get a buncha pics and figure out how to show the steepness and difficulty...

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Jul 21 2004, 11:08 PM
Me and a bud are making some hills in the sand pits this weekend and I am hoping I can get a buncha pics and figure out how to show the steepness and difficulty...
Don't lie kid! :D There are no hills in florida so finding the "steepness" and the "difficulty" of a hill is about like finding "slim" and "sexy" at a weight watchers meeting, its not gonna happen! :lol: Just Kidding with ya, but if you really want to see some hills and your heading through northern kentucky or southeastern indiana look me up.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Jul 22 2004, 10:36 AM
There are no hills in florida
Better let Tom know, but that is a relief to me...I'm from Rhode Island

Haha, and there aren't any hills here either, the highest point in the state is the Johnston Landfill

But, we do have some sand pits with a big wall about 2 feet high. We always bring a rake out there and make some [email protected] hills. They are tall, rocky, and windy, but they kick up at the top to VERTICLE, and sometimes even back (I don't do those!) and its fun to see who makes it

The one thing that kinda sucks, they always knock our hills down with the trucks, so we gotta keep rebuilding <_<

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Haha my bad, I was thinking you lived close to Tom. Do you ever have any trouble out of the Rhode Island Highway Patrol? I take it you've seen supertroopers. :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Coming to this site just make me mad!!! Seeing how much BETTER places are out there to ride at, and im not near ANY!! Good 'ol (horrible) Florida!! Its good for about everything besides snowmobiles and ATV riding! Seeing this awesome place you ride at almost makes me want to cry, seeing that it is so much better than places i ride! Im ready to move to california or ohio or something. Once i turn 18 and i move out, im going to a good state with good ATV land! :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well this joint is about an 1 - 1 1/2 hours away but yeah it is really cool. Like 500 acres and a bunch to do. Its also private too so that is really cool. You can run a pipe how ever loud you like and if you dont want to wear a helmet (dumb idea) you dont have to. The way the old man told me was "its you head"

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Jul 22 2004, 09:36 AM
Don't lie kid! :D There are no hills in florida so finding the "steepness" and the "difficulty" of a hill is about like finding "slim" and "sexy" at a weight watchers meeting, its not gonna happen! :lol: Just Kidding with ya
I live in Florida, and i must say, your not kidding!
-- I can't wait to get a quad, or two, to my other place in NY.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts