Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get this bike the first thing coming off will be the parking brake .what do I need to take it off and just have the clutch? which type of clutch lever and stuff should I use ?? and last where do I get it? thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why do they even put the parking brake on the quad everyone I know that has either a 300ex 400ex or TRX the stupid thing has broke. Mine broke in the back of my truck, who needs it anyways?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know man , Mine broke on my 300 almost a month after I bought it

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by EJK2783@Jun 21 2004, 06:03 PM
Why do they even put the parking brake on the quad everyone I know that has either a 300ex 400ex or TRX the stupid thing has broke.  Mine broke in the back of my truck, who needs it anyways?
Unfortunately, they are required to put them on by law. But, I don't think they actually broke. I thought the same thing on my 300ex, but when I put on new back brakes and tightened one of the screws back there, it worked again...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by fender@Jun 21 2004, 10:47 AM
When I get this bike the first thing coming off will be the parking brake .what do I need to take it off and just have the clutch?  which type of clutch lever and stuff should I use ?? and last where do I get it? thanks in advance
looks like no one has answered your question yet. there are so many different brands. just look in any mag or on ebay for a "block off plate". it covers the backside of your rear brake caliper after removing your parking brake base. you will need that. i wouldn't pay more than $9.99.

you can leave your stock perch & lever for now. if you want to replace, i don't really know what brand is best. i think that Works Connection makes nice billet perches and levers. a little pricey but trick looking. one perch has a built in "hot start" mount in case you remove your stock kill and light switches. another popular company is asv "unbreakable" levers. both are very nice. neither are affordable for me right now. i am using my stock lever.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Works connection with hot start is the way to go. there is actually a bearing where the lever meets the pivot bolt, it is also extreamly easy to disassemble for cleaning. those "unbreakable" levers are made by AVS they actually pivot bakwards. Fly makes a nice lever, the GYTR Yamaha lever is nice as well.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, Ill will have to look into the block off plate and works connection levers. thanks again guys!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow I see what you guys mean about pricey.
I am kind of on a budget , but this stuff looks killer .which perch should I get the ez ajust or the pro one??

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw im looking at the works stuff

·
Registered
733 Posts
if your going to go $99, might as well go $125. by the way... look under "new products". you will see the perch with hot start lever. i think you can get it for the left side as well. happy spending :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah im probably going to get the pro one . I saw that hot start bar clamp thing , its pretty trick . That might be on the ''maybe list '' :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts