Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it me or does the damn thing ALWAYS seem to need adjustment? I swear, every time I set it it seems to need to be re-adjusted because I can still roll my quad with it set. I have already had to turn the lever adjuster all the way back down and then adjust it at the caliper once so I have more adjustment at the lever and I have only had this thing 2 weeks. Any how, I have been thinking about just eliminating the parking break all together but now that I have the Rekluse I cant just throw it into first to keep it from rolling. Anyone have any ideas or should I just deal with it?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
take it off & get a block off plate..if you always are adjusting the parking break it will cause your brakes to drag & heat up while your riding...this makes your pads wear extremely quick for somehting so useless...the design/parking break is so cheaply made because the governemnt forces everything to have a parking break for insurance reasons..its there but that doesnt mean it works...i took mine off before i even took a spin on it

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but when I go trail riding I often use it when parking to keep my quad from rolling down a hill or into the lake, lol. I also use it when transporting the quad to keep it from rolling around along with my tie downs. I guess I have just come to rely on it quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I dont know of any atv that the parking brakes actually works.....they all act just like you described....I dont use them. ..I can see your problem with that clutch though....and you dont have reverse so you cant lean it on a tree either....boy your in a spot now... B)

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
my parking brake, well i just leave it in gear that alwasy works.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Trx450Ryan+Jul 30 2004, 05:05 PM-->
my parking brake, well i just leave it in gear that alwasy works.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Lason

now that I have the Rekluse I cant just throw it into first to keep it from rolling.

I cant just throw it into gear with the Rekluse, basically now when it is first it could be off or idleing and I can still roll it around like it is in neutral. Well, I guess I may try to stop using it and see if I can get used to not using it then remove it later.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Get a six pack rack and load up in 4 bricks haha then when u need to park your set :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Trx450Ryan@Jul 30 2004, 05:24 PM
Get a six pack rack and load up in 4 bricks haha then when u need to park your set  :lol:
huh?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Lason+Jul 30 2004, 05:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Trx450Ryan
@Jul 30 2004, 05:24 PM
Get a six pack rack and load up in 4 bricks haha then when u need to park your set  :lol:
huh?
[/b]
he means use the bricks to block the wheels...you would only need one though....

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
You know those velcro cable ties you get with your computer?
The best parking brake ever, ditch the damn stocker, get oa velcro cable tie, and tie the front brake to the grip, gauranteed to stay. Wrap it around the bars when not in use.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by KGB@Jul 30 2004, 05:54 PM
The best parking brake ever, ditch the damn stocker, get oa velcro cable tie, and tie the front brake to the grip, gauranteed to stay. Wrap it around the bars when not in use.
thats a damn good idea...I do that when Im taking the front wheels off, and I have no one to hold the brakes for me....I use a string and tie the front brakes.....the velcro is a good idea... :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by KGB@Jul 30 2004, 05:54 PM
That is a hella good idea. Thanks KGB, you may have found the answer to my problems!

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Welll that Beats the bricks by a ton, haha well, not in weight but hey thats a great idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts