Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would imagine that powder coating is tougher than paint....correct me if I am wrong.

What's the cost difference between the two. I won't be using house of color paint, or candy gloss etc. Just a normal paint job vs. Powder coating. S well as pros and cons to each.

Thanks,

· Registered
496 Posts
If your frame for example is professionally powder-coated it will be impossible to chip, if it is simply painted, depending on how its done it will chip over time exposing the original color.. someone correct me if im wrong

And all it depends on your location but getting anything powder-coated can be fairly expensive, for instance ive heard of people in Canada paying close to $400 for their entire frame to be powder-coated! Im not exactly sure how much regular paint would cost, but I can imagine it would be decently cheap.

· Registered
344 Posts
around here you can get the frame powder coated for around 150
About $175-200 here. I just recently sold all my powder coating guns and ovens. Wish I wouldn't have now....I could make some money off you guys! :p

And yes if prepped right powdercoat will be **** near indestructible. I remember I got a fingerprint on a rim that wasn't quite cured yet and I tried everything from sand blasting to using a torch to loosen it up, did not work at all. Eastwood sells some stuff that will remove it but it takes a lot of time to do it.

· Registered
368 Posts
$185 here...also depends on color

· Dune Hooligan
3,285 Posts
I don't know how much just a frame is as I've never done one. But frame, subframe, control arms, bars, engine brackets, swingarm, bumpers, misc other stuff will run you about 250 for single stage, 300 for dual and 350 for triple stage colors.

I would.never paint my quad with no matter what paint. No comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts