Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have yet to solve this issue and Im debating if its the tires or the wheels.

Got a nice set of stock honda wheels, Ive tried to seal my ITP sand stars multiple times but no matter how hard I try or whom I take it to or even do it self the stupid beads leak. I went so far as to use bead sealer, RTV, doesnt matter. stupid things eventually leak at the bead.

I think it has to do with the fact the tires run at such a low pressure (usually 5psi is what I run) that they eventually spin on the wheel and thats it. Then the bead sealer or RTV is broken and worth less.

I thought it would be a good idea to buy some beadlocks, but ha..good luck finding a set these days it seems.

So beadlocks? new tires? besides the giant pile of bead sealer Ill have to pick off the tires are in good shape and they have like 4 glamis trips on them and nothing else.

thoughts?

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,401 Posts
Thats weird. Are you sure its the bead? How fast are they going flat? I would fill them and throw them in a tub and dunk them to see where the leak is coming from. I can't see how they would be leaking from the bead if you sealed them. I run less than 5 psi in my paddles and I've never had an issue or a tire spin on a wheel.

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
its the oddest thing. they leak from the bead. my buddy and i sealed them like 3x already lol. if you spray soapy water on them they make bubbles all along the beads. funny thing is we kept 10psi in them to test it, saw no leak. drop to 5psi leak..

im thinking its the wheels. cause the tires cant leak all to easy themselves from the bead.

I have like 2 other sets of rear tires, i might yank the tires off the wheels cause they are junk and use those wheels.

maybe if i can seal them with great stuff rtv they will work lol..

otherwise IDK beadlocks? good luck it seems everyone is out of stock due to the pandemic it seems

·
4,401 Posts
That is really odd. I’ve got that on one ITP wheel on my Rincon, but it’s kinda banged up so it doesn’t really surprise me, but it is frustrating having to fill it every few days. I finally put some slime in their which I swore I’d never use 😂. I put a decent amount in, then laid the tire on its side and moved it so that the slime would work it’s way to the bead. It actually seemed to help. I hate using that stuff, but might be worth a shot.

Did you try using an actual bead sealer product or just RTV. Honestly it doesn’t surprise me that the RTV doesn’t hold since it’s not really designed for that type of application or to stick to rubber.

·
4,401 Posts
Oh, and yeah, I don’t know what the deal is with wheels and especially beadlocks lately. Like you say, they are out of stock everywhere. We had that dude from GPS respond to my thread on here, and I was so impressed that I went to order a set and couldn’t find them anywhere! It does seem that Hipers are always available. I’ve had good success with them over the years, but they don’t give them away. . . . .

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is really odd. I’ve got that on one ITP wheel on my Rincon, but it’s kinda banged up so it doesn’t really surprise me, but it is frustrating having to fill it every few days. I finally put some slime in their which I swore I’d never use 😂. I put a decent amount in, then laid the tire on its side and moved it so that the slime would work it’s way to the bead. It actually seemed to help. I hate using that stuff, but might be worth a shot.

Did you try using an actual bead sealer product or just RTV. Honestly it doesn’t surprise me that the RTV doesn’t hold since it’s not really designed for that type of application or to stick to rubber.
I tried bead sealer, rtv, slime fix a flat.

I think the rims although in good shape just dont like the paddles. Like I said I got 2 other sets of rear wheels I could use. Id prefer bead locks just to avoid this very situation really. the one tire DEF spun on the wheel and caused an issue. Ive about had it so much Id buy a new set just to not deal with it.

But yea, everywheres outta stock IDK why. Hell ITP doesnt even list anything on their site anymore. my buddy bought the GPS wheels they are damn nice for the money-but out of stock lol

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found some beadlocks for ya!!!
DWT Beadlocks
ha

yea id NEVER buy a thing from those mofos. they dont actually stock much of anything-they are a huge drop shipper. every time i ever tried to buy something they claimed was in stock it took weeks and 2 of the 3 i cancelled the order

im hoping those gps wheels come back in stock soon

·
4,401 Posts
Lol! But c’mon, only $3,400 for two wheels!! Lol!

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever ordered anything from them myself, I like dealing with smaller shops.

I keep wondering how long it will be until those GPS wheels will be back in stock. Maybe one of us should post in that thread I started and they will give us an update.

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my buddy bought a set a few months back. they are actually REALLY nice. i just dont get why they arent in stock. but then again ITP seems to not even make sport atv sized wheels anymore either..amazing..

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya know I had a thought.. maybe i run more air pressure? usually do 5psi..maybe 10psi would be better?

·
4,401 Posts
I wouldn’t run that much pressure, they will ride like crap and not hook up well.

But, good news!!!! GPS beadlocks are back on eBay! Only see them as a full set though.

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
argh
i just need the rears

1 - 13 of 13 Posts