Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know what kinds of other quads you guys have or have had in the past. Post some pics if you can. I cant get my pics to work but i currently have a 2003 Predator (for sale,the money goes towards a 450r :D ), all stock with the exception of Haulers for the sand.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Only other quad I have personally had is a '01 DS650. My bro had a banshee a few years back and that is how I caught the bug. Heres a bad pic of it right before I sold it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Lason,
Why did you cut the rear fenders off?

·
Registered
314 Posts
LOL, because they are HUGGGGGGGE. Actually I always liked the look of shaved fenders and I had decided to stop riding in the mud due to the added maintnance and I figured it shoulf help make the bike a little smaller for the trail riding I did. I guess I just did it for looks more than anything though.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yep, i agree, the rear fenders are HUGE, they definatly are in person. My friend had a DS and it looked like it had wheelbarrows beside the seat, lol, maybe its not that bad but you get the point... There was something wrong with his fenders though, i guess the plastic mounts were broken or something, they were flopping all over the place and hanging past the footpegs.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Well guys, my dad has an 03 red and black Ds650 and i got the 450r r, and personally, everytime we race down the road, he barely passes me on top end, but he still walks away, well more like creep, but yea, i was impressed with the 450, both machines are bone stock, well not mine any more i changed the bars and shaved my fenders, and soon i plan on gettin a set of itps, propeg nerfs race cam, etc, i will post that stuff up later. How ever, the bike you prefer will be depending alot on the rider and the type of riding you do, i havnt been to any dunes yet, but my dad had his ds there and he loved it, i have yet to take out the 450 there and as well try the ds there as well, However if its trails or mx, me self personaly id take my 450 over the tank(ds) for my self i find it toooo heavy for tight trails or mx track, the bike it best on wide open trails, and even yet i still like my 450. This winter will be fun however, we run alot of rivers down here, that are awesome with studs, and u fly( sleds can have a hard time to keep up down the river surprisingly) and well when winters comes well see whos king, by then tho, my bike should leave it, i wanna add sum stuff to the engine and add the 15t sprcket and 22 ince tires for the extra top end on the rivers and lake, thats wat ill use most in that time, but yea, as for wich is better to me the 450, my dad likes his 650 a bit better tho, but he is a bigger guy and it is a bigger bike.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yup big guy or dune riding = DS650 all the way

Smaller guy, trail riding, mx, xc = 450R all the way

The DS was my first quad and I loved it but it sucked compared to my 450R for my size and the type of riding I do. That thing would run though, but my 450R feels quicker.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by Quads_are_Gnarly@Jul 27 2004, 02:41 PM
the DS weighs 500 pounds! 
and can still pull a 450R on the top end

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a C'Dale Cannibal turned into either a Moto or a Blaze when I put the parts on. I'm parting out all the aftermarket and selling it close to stock though. Here's pics of both setups but the R as you can see is next to it when it was a Blaze. That was also the day I brought home the R. See, it was stock once, w/the exception of HRC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 02 300ex! :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
mx ,your bike is almost identical to mine (minus a diff pipe,air scoops,and front bumper).

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by fooracer@Aug 9 2004, 10:14 PM
the old R. shes gone now but here memory will never be forgotten. :( heres one for my homie...
wow !!!!thats bike looks sick as hell bro .NICE B)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had an old tecate that i wish i never sold, and a nice 400ex. Sorry for the big pics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the reply fender! she always made me proud! Where are you located at in Phoenix? i live in phoenix as well. maybe we could be four fizzle chums. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts