Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Is 6000 OTD cash a good price on a 450r '05? I'm thinking about picking 1 up soon, but am not sold on the kick start, it didn't start that easily for me when I rode it. I'm thinking about the YFZ/450R for desert riding.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by steelerfan@Oct 4 2004, 08:50 AM
Hello.  Is 6000 OTD cash a good price on a 450r '05?  I'm thinking about picking 1 up soon, but am not sold on the kick start, it didn't start that easily for me when I rode it. I'm thinking about the YFZ/450R for desert riding.
It's a real good price and once you break the TRX in it will kick start a whole lot easier. Mine starts up with the 1st or 2nd kick.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine will always start on the 1st kick if I don't half arse it, unless I stall it, then it always starts on 2nd. It really isn't bad at all, and definetly not hard to kick. Easier than most 250r's. I know people with yfzs that have a harder time getting started w/the electric. Plus you don't even have to worry about having a dead battery.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by quadboy+Oct 4 2004, 01:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-steelerfan
@Oct 4 2004, 08:50 AM
Hello.  Is 6000 OTD cash a good price on a 450r '05?  I'm thinking about picking 1 up soon, but am not sold on the kick start, it didn't start that easily for me when I rode it. I'm thinking about the YFZ/450R for desert riding.
It's a real good price and once you break the TRX in it will kick start a whole lot easier. Mine starts up with the 1st or 2nd kick. [/b]
He is correct on that one.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by BOONE450R@Oct 4 2004, 03:27 PM
jump on it, thats a very good price for here.
yea I would definetly get it for that price. as for the whole kickstart thing it is so easy 1 and 2 kicks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by Fender+Oct 4 2004, 04:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BOONE450R
@Oct 4 2004, 03:27 PM
yea I would definetly get it for that price. as for the whole kickstart thing it is so easy 1 and 2 kicks. [/b]
I Agree with that price, as for kick starting, dont ware sandles, put at least shoes. After washing it at home I wanted to start it and it kicked back on me, I was wearing sandles, IT HURT!!!.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Originally posted by trujeepr+Oct 4 2004, 06:45 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 04:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BOONE450R
@Oct 4 2004, 03:27 PM

yea I would definetly get it for that price. as for the whole kickstart thing it is so easy 1 and 2 kicks.
I Agree with that price, as for kick starting, dont ware sandles, put at least shoes. After washing it at home I wanted to start it and it kicked back on me, I was wearing sandles, IT HURT!!!. [/b]
do you give it gas when you kick it. if so do not ever do it again.....................

and when you guys first start it do you need to choke it. mine starts 2nd kick with choke on. and first eevry time without choke when warmed up

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got my `04 2 weeks ago and paid $5499 OTD. The dealership had leftover `04s that were listed at $5399 ... so add the $100 paperwork fee and walla ... $5499.

But let me say that I did purchase the 3 year extended warranty, which was not included in that price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts