Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2006 trx450er I’m rebuilding. Replacing oil pump gears. Was curious if anyone can tell me if the oil pump shaft bearings are serviceable from case half? Can’t find in diagrams. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Yes you can replace them when the cases are split, but they are not fun. Best I remember a blind puller is to large or the one I had was and about the only way was cutting them out with a small grinder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can replace them when the cases are split, but they are not fun. Best I remember a blind puller is to large or the one I had was and about the only way was cutting them out with a small grinder.
Thanks for reply. You or anyone have part number for the 2 little needle bearings? Wanna use oem. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can pull and tug all you want and kudo's if you get it out without messing up the case. I would turn the oven on 300-400, lower than aluminum will melt at. Put the case in the oven for 10 minutes, with the outside of the case facing up, on a baking sheet. Usually the bearings will fall out. If they are stubborn the most I've had to do was putting the case half up side down on blocks and tap with block of wood. This has worked for me multiple time on different machines. And replace all the bearings on that half both halves etc. I understand that's more expensive but cheaper than a new case half by far, with added piece of mind knowing thy are all new. If your fast you can install the new ones at the same time, hot swap. Mind you the oven technique if its indoors it might upset the people inside the house with burnt oil smell but but I just open the windows but that's up to you. Either way good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can pull and tug all you want and kudo's if you get it out without messing up the case. I would turn the oven on 300-400, lower than aluminum will melt at. Put the case in the oven for 10 minutes, with the outside of the case facing up, on a baking sheet. Usually the bearings will fall out. If they are stubborn the most I've had to do was putting the case half up side down on blocks and tap with block of wood. This has worked for me multiple time on different machines. And replace all the bearings on that half both halves etc. I understand that's more expensive but cheaper than a new case half by far, with added piece of mind knowing thy are all new. If your fast you can install the new ones at the same time, hot swap. Mind you the oven technique if its indoors it might upset the people inside the house with burnt oil smell but but I just open the windows but that's up to you. Either way good luck.
If your only going to do those bearings a heat shrink gun would probably do the trick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply’s. I see the bearings now I diagram. I was just focus on the number 3 which is case with them. Well I don’t see anything wrong with them so I’m gonna leave them alone as don’t think common failure? Sounds like good chance causing more issues in long run

1 - 7 of 7 Posts