Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasup all? Im new to this forum and i just bought an 05 450r (will have pics up soon cuz this thing is B_A!) and theres a hole on the head thats spitting out oil. im guessing its just a gasket. is it hard to change and any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
wasup all? Im new to this forum and i just bought an 05 450r (will have pics up soon cuz this thing is B_A!) and theres a hole on the head thats spitting out oil. im guessing its just a gasket. is it hard to change and any suggestions?[/b]
Is is the hole on the right side of the motor? If so, it's called a weep hole and it's just a drain for the spark plug hole. If you have oil coming out of that hole, it can't be good. Make sure your spark plug is tight.

Welcome to the site!!!!!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
^^ yup... first thing first, clean it up, and make sure the spark plug is tight... if it stills leaks, you will have to take the camshaft cover off, and replace a small circle rubber gasket that goes around the spark plug tube, this might be where it is leaking from.. or the most common.(if this doesnt help something more serious might have happened, but lets stick with the small stuff first)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i def. hope thats all it is. Im just now gettin started with my new toy so i only have a limited amount of knowledge of em. is there any site i can go to that has a walk through on how to do this stuff?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts